pose question

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
dippy
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi I just have a question about my ref looks that I always went by since 2010 back when i was dippytheumbreon then around 2012 or so when i name changed to dippy to this day i have quite a few poses up that was acceptable and approved on here. even had an alpha here make a pose for me with the markings viewtopic.php?f=75&t=157011&start=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I was wondering am I now no longer able to upload the remaining poses I have of this look that I had for so long and had on here aswell for so long? the ref is my profile pic also my enter pose on wolfhome which aswell was a commission done by ferret another user that was doing commissions at the time.
0 x

Alpha and owner of Foxparadise Gamma of heitehu
Tau
Alpha
Alpha
Species: Meat Popsicle

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:37 pm

When uploading the poses just link to where the pose is and also include a link to your name change on the name change topic found here to show that you used to go by that name and you should be good to go then. =)
0 x
dippy
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 pm

ok just a couple days ago my last of them that i recently uploaded got rejected saying i can't be a copyrighted character though i'm a fox with the markings and all the rest with my look was accepted and used for years even today i still have all my other accepted poses with the markings on wh
0 x

Tango
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: She/He

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 pm

I think they're meaning your markings ar copyrighted, which, they are to Gamefreak/ Nintendo (whoever owns Pokemon?) since it's of a character they created and own.
0 x
╭_________________(Image)________________╮
You should see me in a crown.
Kikki
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Im not on ART, but I believe 'inspired' markings are fine. There were pokemon inspired markings on wolves in the past. But, lets say, the ears looked like an umbreon, that wouldn't be okay. An ART member would need to clarify this though, because I may be incorrect.
0 x
Commissions | YCH's | DeviantArt | Art Queue
Previously Akala...
dippy
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47 pm

yeah but they were allowed before for years. just one lately that rejected the ones they looked at. then last one looked at by another was ok cept it needed a stray pixel fixed and reuploaded. so I'll try again. I still come on wh with this look in front of everyone and staff as I have on and off for years. and my poses all look fox with glowing markings. the sets were sets i bought from kannon way back before she stopped selling them. yes long umbreon like ears would be getting to close to the copyright umbreon art for sure. I only had the markings on the fox ref possibly why ud and the others on here allowed them back in 2010 to the last i uploaded some in 2012 2014 ish.
0 x

Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 am

What about Galagya's old premades that are even coloured to depict the pokemon they represent? She used to sell the greyscale and the coloured version. Both were accepted on WH.

Poses 52, 53, 57, 58 and 60.. Link here: viewtopic.php?p=902564#p902564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Show me the world that's inside your head,
Tell me your secrets of life and death.

Replies to artwork done for me are in progress, I PROMISE.
Tell me stuff on anon
Tau
Alpha
Alpha

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:16 am

This topic says it all really. Basically, the character can be inspired by a copyright character but may not be the actual copyright character or too similar to the copyright character.

As of October 2011 such characters/poses were made unacceptable on wolfhome.
0 x
dippy
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:20 pm

mine are a foxy with the markings as my forum pic
0 x

Tau
Alpha
Alpha

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:37 pm

It's all case by case based on the pose and the way the character is depicted. As long as it doesn't look just like the copyright character you'll be fine. The image as your avatar is an example that would be fine.
0 x
dippy
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:12 pm

yeah i thought that but asked since one of the review rejected my last few from the markings though the markings is all i have they were approved now this time around.
0 x

Tau
Alpha
Alpha

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Glad this was settled. If you have any more issues with your poses please don't hesitate to send me a PM =)
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic