Chat Room Updates: Voting!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

fable wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm
So.. the same thing as temp rooms?
They won't be added to the temp rooms list, but essentially yes.
☆ A final farewell ☆
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Where will these rooms be displayed then for users to use them privately?
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

In the dream isles
☆ A final farewell ☆
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

that's.. broken, and will list tons of actual personal rooms, that seems like more of a process than even just having a topic with all the room png's/jpg's listed for people to upload themselves, or having them moved to temporary rooms
Loki
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Pride

so um, this is how im seeing this convo

however I agree with it being something that the userbase can upload on their terms- or bringing them back as seasonal options!

"No one bad is ever truly bad, no one good is ever truly good."

VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

The only thing I see an issue with is some of these rooms being explicitly produced for wolfhome and not personal use I MEAN IF Y'ALL KNOW WHICH YOU CAN OR GET A HOLD OF ARTISTS IF THEYVE SPECIFIED THAT POWER TO U but that's the only issue I see with personal use

Also that meme made me laugh haley I hate u :/
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

It's something that's being worked on. As I said in one of my previous responses, you can also get to some of the rooms via the main map because I won't be removing the location markers, only moving the rooms from public to private. They'll still be "Wolfhome rooms" and if I can contact the original artists (many of which have donated the art to Wolfhome for Wolfhome's use), I will also make them aware of what's going on. We can also use the rooms for events in the future. I'll look into some of your concerns though.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

EDIT cause I got an idea: Instead of removing rooms entirely, could we not look at making rooms seasonal? Rotating them around e.g. in wintery months have the wintery rooms, maybe one or two "sunnier" rooms (perhaps the favourites?). Same for spring and summer and autumn. Splitting rooms into seasons could have overlap, so we could have a big selection of rooms to go to each season. That feels like a happy comprimise? They simply go private and move to the Dream Isles when they are "off season" so if users REALLY want to use a specific room they can.
Jailbird wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm
The only thing I see an issue with is some of these rooms being explicitly produced for wolfhome and not personal use I MEAN IF Y'ALL KNOW WHICH YOU CAN OR GET A HOLD OF ARTISTS IF THEYVE SPECIFIED THAT POWER TO U but that's the only issue I see with personal use

Also that meme made me laugh haley I hate u :/
This is actually one of the cases where the following taken from the Terms and Conditions applies: http://wolfhome.com/legal/index.php?pop=1

It is fully within the rights of the WH admin team, acting as representatives of WUNDERWOOD LLC to let users reupload rooms donated to/bought by the site:
By submitting Artwork or copyrightable intellectual property to WOLFHOME.com, or by allowing others to do so, you hereby grant WUNDERWOOD LLC an unrestricted license to display these works on this website and other websites owned or operated by WUNDERWOOD LLC. This allows WOLFHOME to act as a service by hosting and enabling others to view your Artwork on the site or on the forums. WUNDERWOOD LLC retains the right to reproduce and redistribute your artwork on all parts of this website and on any other websites owned or operated by WUNDERWOOD LLC. It exercises this right on behalf of the Artist/Owner.
"Submitting" is not defined under the Terms and Conditions page so it could be a broad term, ranging from anything uploaded by a user, to artwork donated for use as a public room.

WUNDERWOOD LLC and by extension Wolfhome would only need to get extra permission if it was decided to use donated artwork for commercial purposes:
WUNDERWOOD LLC agrees that any use of Artwork for other Commercial Purposes (such as merchandise, ads and banners) will require additional licensing from the respective Artist/Owner of said artwork.

"Commercial Purposes" - Using artistic or other intellectual property to financially benefit WOLFHOME or WUNDERWOOD LLC through advertising and or bringing in money. This may include the material to be used on CafePress, Zazzle.com, or other online stores. This does not include the direct resale of said material. WOLFHOME.com will not take a custom pose and resell it to another User.
Due to the amount of rooms to users that exist on the site and the availability of public rooms, it can't really be argued that allowing users to upload old rooms is a commercial activity, it doesn't generate revenue or advertise wolfhome in any way, if anything it "costs" the site due to the potential for people uploading the old backgrounds.

Locked Previous topicNext topic