A GREAT Riddance!

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.
Post Reply
User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27849
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Hello Wolfhomies!

I'm sure -everyone- has had quite the headache when it comes to flash and Wolfhome. As of today, however, you can enable a flash-free version of the chat! In order to switch to the flash-free version, you will have to edit your sniff information and tick the box that says "no flash".

While this is great news and wipes away your flash woes, please remember that it's a new feature and as such will most likely contain residual bugs or errors. If you come across any of these, please submit a Problem Ticket or post in the Questions for the Administration forum: viewforum.php?f=5

One known bug (that you do not have to report) is that there is a small expandable button at the bottom right of the screen. Not much happens when you click it. We're still not sure what this is, and it only happens to some users, but Underdog is aware of it!

Thank you very much for your patience with the flash issues we have been facing!
10 x
Art Queue 🐈
I am on hiatus.

User avatar
Epilepsy
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 5456
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 pm

UNDERDOG IS A HERO!!
4 x
Image
06/28/17

User avatar
Epilepsy
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 5456
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 am

im double posting because i found a #glitch and i already told fik... but forgot i should put it here

the chat randomly goes to italics for a few people but fixes itself upon refresh @anoruk said it went back on its own tho
https://imgur.com/FPNoxSD
0 x
Image
06/28/17

User avatar
Larka
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 am
Gender: Genderfluid
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Larka
Location: East Tennessee
Contact:

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 am

I owe y'all my life, I can't stand firefox but it was the only thing that could run it!
Many thanks to the techies for fixing the problem!
1 x
?Back from Hiatus?
Info later

User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27849
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 am

That is a weird glitch, thanks!
0 x
Art Queue 🐈
I am on hiatus.

User avatar
SpontaneousBeauty
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Wiccan Fox

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 am

yesssssss!
Thank you so much.
I am using a chromebook to access wolfhome, and I always had to accept flash before being able to enter a room.
This new update is amazing, so far nothing to report bug wise :)


edit: I found a glitch haha, The chat will refresh on its own if you have been away from the screen for an extended period of time.
I mean its hella nifty in a sense but who knows :)
0 x
Image
^Click for Characters^
"The greatest happiness of life
is the conviction that we are loved;
loved for ourselves, or rather,
loved in spite of ourselves."

❀°•SpontaneousBeauty on chats•°❀

User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27849
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am

SpontaneousBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 am
yesssssss!
Thank you so much.
I am using a chromebook to access wolfhome, and I always had to accept flash before being able to enter a room.
This new update is amazing, so far nothing to report bug wise :)


edit: I found a glitch haha, The chat will refresh on its own if you have been away from the screen for an extended period of time.
I mean its hella nifty in a sense but who knows :)
about how long?
I wonder if that is purposeful to rid of idles after a certain amount of time (probably not).
0 x
Art Queue 🐈
I am on hiatus.

User avatar
SpontaneousBeauty
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Wiccan Fox

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am

Clovette wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am
SpontaneousBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 am
yesssssss!
Thank you so much.
I am using a chromebook to access wolfhome, and I always had to accept flash before being able to enter a room.
This new update is amazing, so far nothing to report bug wise :)


edit: I found a glitch haha, The chat will refresh on its own if you have been away from the screen for an extended period of time.
I mean its hella nifty in a sense but who knows :)
about how long?
I wonder if that is purposeful to rid of idles after a certain amount of time (probably not).
Honestly I was away for about half an hour. Kinda got into the movie I was watching.
But the moment I clicked back to the chat, the page refreshed and I was back in the room again.
heck if it does help with idles, that might be nice lol, but I can update you if it does so again :)
0 x
Image
^Click for Characters^
"The greatest happiness of life
is the conviction that we are loved;
loved for ourselves, or rather,
loved in spite of ourselves."

❀°•SpontaneousBeauty on chats•°❀

User avatar
Aurocard
Admin Assistant
Admin Assistant
Posts: 3092
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:52 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf
Location: Behind the couch, with Jesus

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

So far so good on my end, and it runs pretty darned smoothly too :) well done UD ^_^
0 x

User avatar
SpontaneousBeauty
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm
Gender: Female
Species: Wiccan Fox

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Update: Doing alright over here, its no longer refreshing after being semi for awhile. :)
0 x
Image
^Click for Characters^
"The greatest happiness of life
is the conviction that we are loved;
loved for ourselves, or rather,
loved in spite of ourselves."

❀°•SpontaneousBeauty on chats•°❀

User avatar
anoruk
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 6750
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 pm
Species: goat

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 am

SpontaneousBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am
Clovette wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am
SpontaneousBeauty wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 am
yesssssss!
Thank you so much.
I am using a chromebook to access wolfhome, and I always had to accept flash before being able to enter a room.
This new update is amazing, so far nothing to report bug wise :)


edit: I found a glitch haha, The chat will refresh on its own if you have been away from the screen for an extended period of time.
I mean its hella nifty in a sense but who knows :)
about how long?
I wonder if that is purposeful to rid of idles after a certain amount of time (probably not).
Honestly I was away for about half an hour. Kinda got into the movie I was watching.
But the moment I clicked back to the chat, the page refreshed and I was back in the room again.
heck if it does help with idles, that might be nice lol, but I can update you if it does so again :)
i dont think its a glitch, it does for me when i disconnect. if im away for a period of time my computer automatically disconnects me, but when i tab back to wolfhome i see the "disconnected" message very briefly before it auto refreshes the chat (the page itself doesnt reload, just the chat)
i would assume its just a neat new feature of moving away from flash
0 x
Image
runaway, run away from here
.
CHARACTERS | TUMBLR | DEVIANTART

User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27849
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 am

I'll ask UD about it
0 x
Art Queue 🐈
I am on hiatus.

wendigowolf
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Posts: 1933
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:41 am
Location: watertown, ny

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:36 am

since the wolfhome server reset (5am eastern monday morning) no flash checked will not let me go into rooms through map or mysts
using firefox, but once unchecked it works so
can''t even get flash to work on chrome(dont use it anyways but just saying)
i thinks thats all i got for now
0 x

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests