Regarding Rule #22/Character (C) and Permissions

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Tango
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Ramza

Aeonium wrote:
Tango wrote:Maybe it's wrong of me to say this but I personally feel that one of the main reasons people voted to have this rule removed was that they hated getting the public warnings on their topics and those warnings caused a lot of stress and/or anxiety. I remember the previous topics to have something done about these public warnings, and I don't believe the community ever came to a very strong conclusion about them.
They were reminders, though, not warnings. Warnings would be PMed. They added them so potential buyers would be aware that permissions were potentially not given. I understand the anxiety about it, however.
Oh yeah that's what I meant, sorry. I just remember on multiple topics it was brought up and a lot of people voiced how they felt stressed/anxious/humiliated over the public posts, so I feel like that contributed to people voting to remove the rule.

Edit:
Just wanna say that I don't agree with that reasoning to vote to have the rule removed, just bringing it up as a contributing factor on why people might have voted the way they did.
╭_________________(Image)________________╮
Brew
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: She/Her

I was thinking about this earlier and did want to note :

If the staff wants to have a trial period in the future for other rule implementations/etc, the topic should be regularly bumped. I noticed that this wasn't really brought up again or nudged publicly since placed in January so it could easily get overlooked. It went from January 12th to April 23rd without a push.
☽ 〇 ☾
7 • 25 • 19 | 10 •15 • 21

Links and Information
Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Spoiler! :
Tango wrote:Image
Aeonium wrote:Image
laughed, my exact expressions as I was skimming through.

I know i'm not as active as I once was so my two cents probably doesn't matter LOL but I do agree that bumping something that deals with a good chunk of the community is pretty important. I know I didn't find out until I noticed a bunch of trade topics with just album links (which I thought weren't allowed unless fully copyrighted and every character in it had permissions) At the same time, with this being an art based site as an artist you should be checking the announcements/general wh thread every once in a while since we've been going through a lot of changes already. Which I know I didn't even bother to do lmfaoo. As for the actual change I really don't think it made a big difference. Some didn't bother adding copyrights to begin with so?? Lol usually when I got traded or sold a character the other side didn't bother including copyrights so I had to play the guessing game when it came to it. I mean with the amount of people disagreeing with this I don't think it will be an issue or change from how it has been since you guys want copyrights to be a thing, don't stop including them?? I would think now it's a personal choice, and if it's something you prefer and feel what the artists deserves do it. I know i'm going to keep providing copyrights and if I want to buy something that doesn't have any i'll just take the time to find and provide the proper credits myself because I like making sure the artist is credited. Same with the perm thing, if you know someone doesnt have permission for the sale just report, that hasn't changed at all.
Idk seems pretty simple to me
one day is gonna turn into another season
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
Aeolia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

I'm just gonna slide in with my two cents, not on behalf of the administration, but.

i do see and understand a lot of the points that have been brought up, saor, you're right. we should have been bumping it and encouraging people to still keep their eyes peeled for shady transactions. i do, want to add, that this should be a two way street. users should also be keeping up with the announcements made, and if they have a problem with anything, to come to an administrator about it.
To answer vitae's question, quickly; we did have a very high amount of reports while the rule was in place, and im not sure if they stopped due to sheer discouragement or because it became so overwhelming. I do understand that this is frustrating. it's frustrating on both sides, as not one administrator received a complaint (either about tos/perms or about the rule change in general), and then therefore assumed it was running smoothly enough to end the trial run. i'm trying not to step on any toes here, but i probably will. a poll was held for the users of wolfhome, a majority vote took place. the majority vote overruled. i am not saying im happy about this, there have been plently of polls these past few years that have gone with the majority vote, although they were terribly close (brexit; if i want have sour grapes for a minute here). we're trying to be democratic, which doesnt always seem so democratic by the end of it.
i know i didnt offer a lot of insight, arguments or any relatively good input, i just wanted you to know that your opinions aren't being overlooked.
Brew
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: She/Her

I did just want to say I agree it is a two way street. Absolutely. That's why we have an Announcement Forum. If it is unread, you may want to pop in and check it out here and there. I do. Not regularly, but enough to get an update. With a rule change this big for a specific community, it should definitely be nudged. Even once a month is good considering it was a three month period. I think it would have solved the issue we are having now. Learning experiences though, on both sides.

Thank you for your input, Aeo.
☽ 〇 ☾
7 • 25 • 19 | 10 •15 • 21

Links and Information
Senka
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Eeehh i really think the copyright rule needs to be refined(?) Not sure if im wording this right.

17. C states we need copyrights at all times for profile content. I never see that enforced.
Thats funny because its just to use the images we gotta state who its by. Not even making a profit either.

But when it comes to making profit over someone else art, we dont have to credit them at all? Ha ok.

Either we dont copyright/credit at all or we do for all art pieces.
As for gifs and etc off tumblr (where everything is reposted) im pretty sure you cant make profit off so i dont see copyrights being required for those but posting a source is always nice not difficult at all.

Stating who the artist is shouldn't be a question.
People who dont do art but sell others art shouldnt have a say so for this rule. The only reason they do is because it makes them follow rules.

I also get it, there was a poll and trial. But, if it was just artists voting it would be different. Sooo.
I dont see why we cant idk try again or something?
Maybe revote but publicly so we know its artists voting?
Or maybe a survey? Lol

Idk but all i know is that i wont want to be part of a community that favors rule breakers and greedy people. ):
Locked Previous topicNext topic