Wolfhome would like to introduce to you its new system of reviewing artists: the Artists Review Document
This is an offsite document hosted by Wolfhome which will contain both negative
reviews from users who have had experience with artists on Wolfhome.
The community was pretty split in the last discussion that mentioned our artist review due to it only containing positive feedback. A reason that most people did not want Wolfhome to have negative reviews is because it would be on the forum itself. While it's not much different, these reviews will not be on the face of the forum anymore - they will be linked to in the Art Related Resources
sub-forum instead, as the Review Section has been deleted. You can find the old Review Section topics here: http://forum.wolfhome.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=reviewsectionarchived
. I simply edited them so that they included a tag in order to be easily searchable.
That being said, there are of course rules that you must follow before your submission is published. Pasted from the document itself:
The following are requirements for both positive and negative submissions. Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be rejected. Should a submission be rejected, you may correct it and send it to the Art Review Team again.
- Your review must contain factual information and proof regarding the situation that has occurred. Plain text evidence, such as an editable dialogue between yourself and the artist, is not considered credible as it can easily be manipulated. Dated screenshots and other solid proof are required. Positive submissions are not required to provide proof, but are still required to contain factual information.
- Ensure that your proof does not breach yours or other users’ privacy. Edit out confidential information such as PayPal transaction IDs, e-mails, etc. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Your review must be polite and well-mannered. Regardless of the situation being a positive or negative experience, we expect that every post is written in a respectable manner that is not demeaning or degrading to the artist.
- You must have attempted to resolve the situation before submitting a review should it be negative. It is not fair to submit a negative review for a user when you have not taken the first step to resolving the situation.
- Negative transactions must be six months or older in order to be reviewed. This is because the Art Review Team does not handle cases that are not at least six months old; therefore, it is unfair to review a user unless it has been six months since the transaction occurred.
- A transaction had to have taken place to review a user. This document is not a place to review free services. It is intended for trades and commissions only. Whether it is positive or negative, there must have been a transaction. This means you cannot post a negative review against an artist whom you have not paid as they are not obligated to complete your request.
- Naming and shaming will never be tolerated in your submissions. There is a huge difference between pointing out a problem in a constructive manner and pointing out a problem in a way that is meant to directly insult the artist. These reviews should have the focus be on the transaction itself and the problem that has occurred, not your personal feelings toward the artist due to the situation.
- Wolfhome’s Forum Rules also apply to submissions. You can view the Forum’s rules here: Rules of the Wolfhome Forum
We think that this is the fairest way to provide both sides with what they were looking for. If you have any questions whatsoever about this addition, please contact a member of the Art Review Team or reply to this topic. We will be happy to assist you.
- The Wolfhome Administration