Offsite Harassment and Bullying.

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Guardian
The Last Skyrbender

Greetings Wolfhome community,

I'm sure this hasn't gone unnoticed, but our community has taken a large dip in terms of people leaving due to reasons that should not be happening. Negativity is tearing a lot of us down recently. Many users feel unwelcome, disliked and ignored in this place that they once called a safe haven, which should not be happening.

The Administration is aware that some users are receiving nasty anonymous sarahah, suggestion ox and e-mail messages by others from this community. Although the Administration cannot prevent this from happening entirely, however, this sort of behavior is something that is both disappointing and deplorable. We are a community. We should be supporting each other and respecting each other; not taking each other down when the opportunity presents itself. We understand not everybody is going to get along, but we urge people to treat others how they wish to be treated, regardless if you get along or not.

Please think before you post. Please think about the effect this might have on the user you're saying this to, or posting about. How would you feel if someone said that exact same thing about you? Everybody on this website deserves respect and to be treated fairly.

What is the Administration going to do about this?
We will not be tolerating this kind of behavior any longer and this needs to stop. The Administration will be handling off-site harassment that stems from our forum or chat. We will only be handling cases that have sufficient evidence to pin-point offenders. Please make sure that you gather as much information as possible when reporting off-site bullying or harassment to an administrator. Furthermore, we also encourage anybody to remove your anonymous message boxes if you are receiving hateful messages.

Anybody caught doing this will be removed from the forum. This behavior will not be tolerated.

What do I do if I'm receiving these messages?
You should do a couple of things:
• Block the user immediately. If it's a whole message box, take it down or delete the message.
• If you have evidence to pin-point who the offender is, take screenshots of any evidence you may have and report it to an Administrator. After this, you should block the offender.
• Talk to somebody about it.
• Gather all the evidence necessary (screenshots and logs) and either contact the site it occurred on or the local authorities if you feel the harassment or cyber-bullying is serious.

Although we cannot guarantee that other sites will take action on this, it is important to keep logs and screenshots of the incident so you can report it to us or your local authorities.

We want to emphasize that these hateful messages do not define your person and to please talk to somebody if you feel you have to. These messages are only there to knock you down; this is what they want you to feel. Get right back up and keep fighting, because there are people here who care and understand what you're going through.

Negativity in the 'Main 3 topics'.
These topics are 'SHARE SOMETHING POINTLESS ABOUT YOUR LIFE', 'What are your feelings/ emotions right now?' and 'Confessions/ Little secrets'. These topics should not be used to post passive aggressive commentary, to comment about a user negatively or to demean and belittle someone. If this continues, the Administration will be locking and removing these topics and any topics made to replace them will also be removed. These topics have been used to spread negativity and this is not something we wanted these topics to be used for.

We, the administration, do not want to stifle the community and not allow users to post their honest feelings about a subject. However, in recent times, this has gotten out of hand. These three topics have become a place for people to bash and flame each other, either with passive-aggressive comments or out right aggressively negative posts toward each other. We want people to feel at home here. Unfortunately, there are too many people using these topics as an outlet to bring down other users. Sometimes using it to bully others into leaving the site and this behavior is unacceptable.

If there are any questions about this, please feel free to message an available staff member.

-The Wolfhome Administration team.
Koifish
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: She
Preferred Name: Ashley
Species: Koi

*Retweets this*
THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID SO MUCH LOUDER TO EVERYONE.
9.21.2018 TJKW
Aeolia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

please remember our golden rule and to treat others how you would like to be treated, and please don't contribute to the misery of others by bullying them :( nobody wants to feel worthless or unloved, combat that negativity with positivity and show everyone how contagious kindness and caring really is. like they say, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!
pyr
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
i can be good
just not for you
Cairn
Pronouns: She/They
Preferred Name: PK/Anne
Species: Forever Exhausted

Pride

The fact that this even has to be said is depressing and amusing. Everyone needs to mature
pyr

We'll get there! Just gotta lead by example!
i can be good
just not for you
yuu
Omniscient
Omniscient

i agree its sad it has to be said but im glad to know that the team will do something about off-site harassment now.

disappointed but not surprised

vereena
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she
Preferred Name: morgan
Species: kind bean

Pride

i can't even imagine putting myself into shoes of a bully i love people way too much to ever do such a thing!!
but people should delete all these aps, what are you getting out of if it really?
these things eat at your bones and drive your young mind crazy
Collide
Community Team
Community Team
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin

Thank god this is finally happening.
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Voidrae wrote:ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
I laughed but frt
Loki
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Pride

woohoo!

"No one bad is ever truly bad, no one good is ever truly good."

Aeolia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

dweebs wrote:i can't even imagine putting myself into shoes of a bully i love people way too much to ever do such a thing!!
but people should delete all these aps, what are you getting out of if it really?

bless you
Aurocard
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf

Pride

Holy moses on a stick I was wondering when this was going to happen. This is amazing :) Thank you guys!

-Auro
Kennedy
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

praise this
I only ever sent kind messages to people
I don't get how others can go around tearing each other down, especially anonymously
#BlackLivesMatter
Dingo
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Ash
Species: Dingo

I have to agree I haven't seen the Wolfhome community to be as welcoming as it used to be. I'm glad this is happening.
I don't know how some people have the audacity to bully others :[

Dingo on chats

Locked Previous topicNext topic