Revision of Wolfhome Rules & Ban Ladder - Read!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Good day, Wolfhomies!

We have some EXTREMELY exciting changes to announce that affect our rules and ban ladder. We have recently gone through the rules for both the forum and chat and condensed them to be more lenient and easier to follow. Along with this, we have given our ban ladder a facelift so that it is also more lenient!

These changes have been brought about because we understand the frustrations that our old system caused our users (and, believe it or not, us). Most felt that our rules and ban ladder were too strict and only out to punish users, not help them to understand why we do things the way we do. We do not want to mark infractions against accounts for things that are simple and can be resolved easily. That being said, I'd like to present you a general rundown of what has changed.

Changes to the Rules:
Forum Rules
Chat Rules

The changes made to both the chat and forum rules are consistent with one another, so anything stated below applies to both of them.
  • We have taken a step back and become more lenient; users are to rely more on conflict resolution and the ignore feature.
  • Rules have been slimmed down so that they are easier to read.
  • Cursing is now allowed unless it is being directed at another user (see Harassment).
  • Spam for the chat now only consists of sending multiple lines of text rapidly. We removed flooding, lyrics, and movement. Flooding and movement are taken care of by the system, and lyrics can easily be ignored.
  • Death and self harm threats have been added together, and rape threats are now stated in the rules.
  • Some scenarios have been removed from the Disturbing the Peace rule, and trolling and impersonation have been added to it.
  • You are now allowed to talk about bans and warnings publicly so long as it does not contain fictional information or slander/bash an Administrator or someone who is otherwise involved in the incident.
  • You may now use multiple accounts in a single room so long as the room is not more than halfway full and another user does not have a problem with it. The moment it becomes a problem it is against the rules.
  • You are now allowed to ask the Art Review Team to process poses. However, if this becomes pushy, it can be treated as harassment, so please be respectful when requesting this.
  • Role-playing is allowed in public non-RP rooms as long as it has a low population and you are not disturbing others in the room. If the room has a high population or you are disturbing others, it is against the rules.
  • There have been other slight changes, and the formatting has also been slightly changed.
Changes to the Ban Ladder/Probationary Period:
Forum Ban Ladder
Chat Ban Ladder

Like the rules, the ban ladder has had improvements to make it more helpful and lenient.
Our old ban ladder, as you may know, was as follows with a 6 month refresh rate/probationary period:
1st warning -> 2nd warning (NG) -> NG -> 12 hr ban -> 3 day ban -> 1 week ban -> 2 week ban -> 1 month ban -> permanent ban
And here is our brand new, totally fashionable ladder:
Reminder -> 1st warning -> 2nd warning -> NG -> 12 hr ban (chat) 24 hr ban (forum) -> 3 day ban -> 1 week ban -> 2 week ban -> 1 month ban
The first thing you may notice is that we have reminders now. Great! Reminders are fantabulous! Instead of getting a warning your first infraction, you will now receive one of these fancies. However, any offense that would result in a ban does not get a reminder and instead skips to the specified ban length. Reminders are just the new "1st warning".

The second thing (and most exciting, may I add) you may notice is that there's an absence of permanent bans in our ban ladder now. That's right, you no longer accrue small offenses for them to just build up to a permanent ban. Instead, the ban ladder caps out at 1 month. The only way you earn permanent bans now is if you break a rule that automatically dictates you receive one.

To fit our new ban ladder more betterer, we have the following refresh rates/probationary periods now in effect:
Reminders, 1st, 2nd, and NGs were 2 month refresh
12 hours, 3 days, 1 week were a 4 month refresh
2 weeks, 1 month, perm were a 6 month refresh
Please see the links above under "Changes to the Ban Ladder/Probationary Period" for more information on the new refresh periods and how they work.

In order to help balance the abolition of the permanent ban on the ban ladder, we have made it to where your probationary period does not progress if you are banned again. It would simply go on "vacation mode" while you are banned until you are released.
For example: User A earns their 1 month ban. They come back, are two months into their probationary period, and commit another infraction and get banned again. Their probationary period is 2/6 months completed and will not progress to a third month while they are banned. Therefore, when they come back from being banned for the second time, their ban ladder will still be at 2/6 months, even though in reality 3 months have passed.

We hope that these changes help you, and we are excited to see the results of them!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

*** Btw, if you see anything missing/broken/weird about this, please PM me! I had to update a ton of stuff so I might have gotten scatterbrain somewhere.

Thank you!
- The Wolfhome Administration
🐈
yuu
Omniscient
Omniscient

how neat is this!

disappointed but not surprised

Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Let us know any feedback (:
🐈
Aurocard
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf

Pride

Had a read through and it looks good ^_^

-Auro
Fyae
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: She/Her
Species: Fox

Pride

Ahhh I love love love love this. Way to keep moving in the right direction guys. Please keep up all the good work. <3

Used to be Suspria
☕Coffee Addict || Adventure awaits ⛰️

coyfox
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: he/they
Preferred Name: V

Pride

YAY
It's the end, it's true.
Neverland, my love...
Farewell for now.
♡ 10/12/2015 ♡
ANORUK
Preferred Name: Rain
Species: goat

Pride

absolutely love this!! i like the direction wh is going in
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

me like
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

this is great!!!!
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
Kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Some things I like, some I dislike.
The ban ladder thing, the refresh rate, is confusing

But nice to see Wolfhome is easing up on the reigns!!
#BlackLivesMatter
cowboy
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: shan

Pride

this is nice i really like these new changes!!
Blaze
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: red wolf

Coyfox wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:23 pm
YAY
And then I swore by my own soul that god would right our wrongs
And then you faked a smile and whispered to me
"Je te fais confiance
So don't go home tired and alone."

Aeolia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Aeonium wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 am
Some things I like, some I dislike.
The ban ladder thing, the refresh rate, is confusing

But nice to see Wolfhome is easing up on the reigns!!
it will definately take both the Admins and users some time to become accustomed to the refresh rate, but I'm confident we'll grasp it in no time.

Like, if someone is banned for a month, they will have the 6 Month refresh period before their ladder starts back at reminders.
if they are banned within that time frame for another month, unless it's a permable offence, then they wont move forward on their refresh rate.

Ex
I am 3/6 months through my ladder refresh, i am banned for XXX for 1 month. My refresh rate freezes and will continue after my 1 month ban has expired. When my ban is over, I will still be at 3/6 months

how exciting this will beeeeeeee
Maevai

Pride

This is sooo wonderful, like I cannot tell you how happy I am to read these changes <3
You guys are awesome!!
♥︎ fly high, Phoenix ♥︎

reach me on discord at: Mae#8896
-> commissions <-
fern
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: she/her

i like itt!!

really nice and fresh.
— whatever happens, happens
Locked Previous topicNext topic