New Forum: Mature Gallery (Market PG 4)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27859
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Suspria wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:59 pm
Can we now offer NSFW commissions, as long as there is no link to NSFW images?
No, not in the public art market. We can see about making a small nsfw market.
1 x
🐈

User avatar
Vis
Gamma - Art Review Team
Gamma - Art Review Team
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 am

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Can you have your NSFW commission info in like, the first post of your NSFW gallery?
0 x
β€œAnything in its purest form, is either harmful, toxic, or useless.”
-Yash Pal

Image
queue | chars
INTP-A | slytherin | CFBC

User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27859
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Voidrae wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm
Can you have your NSFW commission info in like, the first post of your NSFW gallery?
Yeah you could do that
1 x
🐈

User avatar
coyote
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 25390
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 am
Preferred Name: nichole/nic
Location: mirkwood
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm

it'd be rad to have a submarket for nsfw commissions tbh, I like that idea
1 x
I feel pretty,
but unpretty.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

the gay queen
β™” 6.28.17 β™” ravenclaw β™” INFP
moon β™” eloen β™” polly β™” charlie

Runt
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Posts: 3279
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:45 pm

coyote wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm
it'd be rad to have a submarket for nsfw commissions tbh, I like that idea
Agree 100%
1 x

User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8158
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm

snorts do I have to provide my birth certificate or something
1 x
Image


β˜… Commissions | Premades | ToS | FurAffinity β˜…

User avatar
Apostle
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Posts: 17390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Gender: ♀
Preferred Name: Kelly
Location: Winter Haven, FL

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 pm

coyote wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm
it'd be rad to have a submarket for nsfw commissions tbh, I like that idea
a nice addition that wouldn't hurt

i don't know how common nsfw artwork would be displayed though (if this involves avatars, signature pixels, poses, chat related pieces) that's not specifically posted to the mature gallery. i remember personal messaging Akala about mature poses being allowed and only enabled in 18+ rooms because i suppose that used to be a feature for some sister sites but that's not something staff wants for the community at the moment. your suggestion and the use of finished content on this site could be totally unrelated though if you're talking about finished pieces used for other sites? :o
Blackfeathr wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm
snorts do I have to provide my birth certificate or something
five pictures of torn club wrist bands, actually...
1 x
Artwork / Characters / Recommend a podcast!
Apostle and Ecru on chat
Hardly here, please PM to make contact

AthanJames - Today at 11:51 PM
please accept zombie boy hugs as form of apology

User avatar
coyote
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 25390
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 am
Preferred Name: nichole/nic
Location: mirkwood
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Apostle wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 pm
coyote wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 pm
it'd be rad to have a submarket for nsfw commissions tbh, I like that idea
a nice addition that wouldn't hurt

i don't know how common nsfw artwork would be displayed though (if this involves avatars, signature pixels, poses, chat related pieces) that's not specifically posted to the mature gallery. i remember personal messaging Akala about mature poses being allowed and only enabled in 18+ rooms because i suppose that used to be a feature for some sister sites but that's not something staff wants for the community at the moment. your suggestion and the use of finished content on this site could be totally unrelated though if you're talking about finished pieces used for other sites? :o
I was told otherwise, and know otherwise, that in fact, they're working on and/or discussing things for strictly private rooms, just not 18+ public rooms, so impo nsfw artwork should be allowed in private rooms, users pay for it, user's pay for their subscription, they'll just need to set their room ratings to the appropriate age, and if caught not doing so, and a minor is involved or in the room, should be handled accordingly, so it's not something that would be taken lightly for discussion, or if it was put into action I think, regardless.
I made a post here about it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=196359 explaining why people are entitled and should be allowed to have 18+ private rooms.
And, while it may be not be in as high demand as sfw artwork, the mature gallery has already have multiple topics, with multiple people posting, so it's kinda "taken off" so to speak. It'd be up to the artist how they'd go about confirming age verification via artwork, however the administration already has issues with age verification of "people lying" on chat, and the forums, and simply - it's not their fault when they're going through as much as they possibly can, to remove underage users, and not permit them to 18+ material, people lie and sometimes you just can't determine whether or not they are, because you're not physically in front of them.
I don't understand how it's unrelated or isn't "useful", just because they're not using nsfw art, doesn't mean they're not purchasing it, so it's not a requirement to use it on the forums, just wanting it for personal enjoyment is typically why people have it in the first place.
sdfs I hope I make sense!!
1 x
I feel pretty,
but unpretty.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

the gay queen
β™” 6.28.17 β™” ravenclaw β™” INFP
moon β™” eloen β™” polly β™” charlie

User avatar
Apostle
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Posts: 17390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Gender: ♀
Preferred Name: Kelly
Location: Winter Haven, FL

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:31 pm

coyote wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm
I was told otherwise, and know otherwise, that in fact, they're working on and/or discussing things for strictly private rooms, just not 18+ public rooms, so impo nsfw artwork should be allowed in private rooms, users pay for it, user's pay for their subscription, they'll just need to set their room ratings to the appropriate age, and if caught not doing so, and a minor is involved or in the room, should be handled accordingly, so it's not something that would be taken lightly for discussion, or if it was put into action I think, regardless.
I made a post here about it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=196359 explaining why people are entitled and should be allowed to have 18+ private rooms.
ooo i didn't know this existed! i shall go show my support for your topic shortly :D

and i totally agree with everything you've said! i'm all for 18+ rooms and the restricted nsfw content enabled in them!
when i had said "unrelated" i didn't mean your suggestion was unhelpful, that was me trying to guess if you had meant nsfw content for wolfhome or for other off-site activities. i didn't consider the pleasure of having nsfw artwork for the sake of just wanting it an option for some reason lmao! sorry if my comment sounded confrontational in any way
1 x
Artwork / Characters / Recommend a podcast!
Apostle and Ecru on chat
Hardly here, please PM to make contact

AthanJames - Today at 11:51 PM
please accept zombie boy hugs as form of apology

User avatar
coyote
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 25390
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 am
Preferred Name: nichole/nic
Location: mirkwood
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:37 pm

@Apostle nah you didn't come off that way!! I am just really blunt sometimes, so sorry if I did.
overall yeah, I meant for private room use (possibly), personal use on other sites, or to even just have in your files to rot, because whatever you get drawn for you, is yours, and I think the nsfw market would be beneficial for those wanting to sell + buy the adult material is all, and they can use it for whatever purpose they please (except in public use on wh, since that'd be against the rules).
thank you ur support!!
3 x
I feel pretty,
but unpretty.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

the gay queen
β™” 6.28.17 β™” ravenclaw β™” INFP
moon β™” eloen β™” polly β™” charlie

User avatar
Vis
Gamma - Art Review Team
Gamma - Art Review Team
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 am

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Blackfeathr wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm
snorts do I have to provide my birth certificate or something
everyone knows we're old it's ok
3 x
β€œAnything in its purest form, is either harmful, toxic, or useless.”
-Yash Pal

Image
queue | chars
INTP-A | slytherin | CFBC

User avatar
Apostle
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Posts: 17390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Gender: ♀
Preferred Name: Kelly
Location: Winter Haven, FL

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Voidrae wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm
everyone knows we're old it's ok
i'll have the u.s government legally freeze my age so wolfhome staff can no longer keep tabs on me
1 x
Artwork / Characters / Recommend a podcast!
Apostle and Ecru on chat
Hardly here, please PM to make contact

AthanJames - Today at 11:51 PM
please accept zombie boy hugs as form of apology

User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27859
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Apostle wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 pm
i remember personal messaging Akala about mature poses being allowed and only enabled in 18+ rooms because i suppose that used to be a feature for some sister sites but that's not something staff wants for the community at the moment.
Because we can't restrict it to only 18+ rooms.

Then market idea is already being considered.

Also, when you join a site and agree to its rules and then decide to subscribe anyway, you're not entitled to anything that breaks those rules or isn't already a part of the site.
0 x
🐈

User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8158
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Clovette wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 pm
Apostle wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 pm
i remember personal messaging Akala about mature poses being allowed and only enabled in 18+ rooms because i suppose that used to be a feature for some sister sites but that's not something staff wants for the community at the moment.
Because we can't restrict it to only 18+ rooms.

Then market idea is already being considered.

Also, when you join a site and agree to its rules and then decide to subscribe anyway, you're not entitled to anything that breaks those rules or isn't already a part of the site.
I'm not sure how to interpret your first statement there, because I am fairly certain you can restrict poses in rooms with the respective filter. At some point between 2010 and 2017 one of my poses was retroactively labeled as an inanimate object and was not visible on my list in the public rooms but was visible in private rooms. So it can technically be done.

Unless you mean "can't" as in not allowed, then that's a different story I guess.

Also I don't think she meant one should feel entitled to something if it breaks the rules; the topic at hand is about a prospective thing that the rules may make allowance for if given a chance? Shrugs
0 x
Image


β˜… Commissions | Premades | ToS | FurAffinity β˜…

User avatar
Coyfox
Alpha - Head of Forum Department
Alpha - Head of Forum Department
Posts: 16178
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:12 pm
Gender: male
Pronouns: he/they
Preferred Name: Jesse
Species: Ray Dragon β™›
Location: Mirkwood
Contact:

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 am

Blackfeathr wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 pm
Clovette wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 pm
Apostle wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:06 pm
i remember personal messaging Akala about mature poses being allowed and only enabled in 18+ rooms because i suppose that used to be a feature for some sister sites but that's not something staff wants for the community at the moment.
Because we can't restrict it to only 18+ rooms.

Then market idea is already being considered.

Also, when you join a site and agree to its rules and then decide to subscribe anyway, you're not entitled to anything that breaks those rules or isn't already a part of the site.
I'm not sure how to interpret your first statement there, because I am fairly certain you can restrict poses in rooms with the respective filter. At some point between 2010 and 2017 one of my poses was retroactively labeled as an inanimate object and was not visible on my list in the public rooms but was visible in private rooms. So it can technically be done.

Unless you mean "can't" as in not allowed, then that's a different story I guess.
There are different post categories yes - but there is no category/group that is restricted to 18+ rooms for mature poses. There are categories that restrict poses to private rooms (such as inanimate object as you said) but not all private rooms are 18+. It would mean a new pose group, and we don't have the means to create them right now as clovette said on this thread viewtopic.php?p=3594200#p3594200
0 x
Image
β™› Ιθ/ΙՁ/ՁθΙƼ β™› Save the Oceans β™›
β™› Fursona | Yule | Grove | Sol | Edenβ™›
ImageImage

Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests