Pose Sweep - November 2017

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Hello all!

The Art Review Team (or ART) will be conducting a pose sweep beginning on November 8th and running through the 19th.

A pose sweep is when the ART combs through everyone's poses to make sure they meet the guidelines and standards put in place. This takes time and a couple of weeks to do based on the sheer amount of poses that everyone has. What this means for you is that you may find some of your poses revoked and rejected! You will receive a notice when the pose is rejected and for what reason. We will try to be as specific as possible when doing this. Should you have questions about your poses, or if you're still not sure how the sweep will work, please feel free to contact any member of the Art Review Team!

**Please note that not all administrators are part of the art review team, and therefore will forward you on to an appropriate member.

Thank you!
Fik
Head of ART
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Reminder that this will begin on Wednesday :)
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

We have officially started the pose sweep.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

Late reply I know but, besides poses that have loose pixels and such (which is understandable), are you guys cracking down on poses that were accepted in the past but are now considered like, a nanometer too big or whatever?

Quite a few admins know of my difficult situation involving my 7 year hiatus, coming back, and trying to upload poses that I'd purchased/were freebies; the creators of those poses are long gone and I can't prove that I have permission to use it. Most of the Art Staff have not been around as long as I have and so it is understandable they don't know if my claims are legit or not.

I'd like to avoid my active poses being taken down due to being an iota too big, because then to reupload it I'd have to scour all corners of the internet to reupload a pose I paid for.

So, if my list hasn't been put under a microscope yet, those existing poses I have that were accepted in the past, but somehow now are subjectively judged to be oversized by a pixel or two, could they be "grandfathered" into the system? Otherwise, it's going to be a nightmare to have to deal with.

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

The sweep has already been completed and we've already gone over your poses.

We don't 'grandfather' anyone in because our rules are the same as they were when you left on hiatus. We did not change the sizes of our poses. All poses go under the 'microscope' per say. We check for loose pixels, sizes, wrong category, line issues... we check literally everything. If your poses were too large, they were rejected as such. I understand that finding old permissions is hard, you can always ask a member of ART to help you find perms. Especially if you can't remember an artist's name.

We do this for all users, no matter how long they've been around. We do it for all the admins as well, no matter how long they've been around. I've been around for about as long as you have, so please feel free to contact me, I will help you find permission.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Blackfeathr
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

Fik wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 pm
The sweep has already been completed and we've already gone over your poses.

We don't 'grandfather' anyone in because our rules are the same as they were when you left on hiatus. We did not change the sizes of our poses. All poses go under the 'microscope' per say. We check for loose pixels, sizes, wrong category, line issues... we check literally everything. If your poses were too large, they were rejected as such. I understand that finding old permissions is hard, you can always ask a member of ART to help you find perms. Especially if you can't remember an artist's name.

We do this for all users, no matter how long they've been around. We do it for all the admins as well, no matter how long they've been around. I've been around for about as long as you have, so please feel free to contact me, I will help you find permission.
Well good, glad everything went smoothly. I checked those poses that were rejected, and yeah now I see the loose pixels, I'll fix that.
To be clear, I wasn't asking for special treatment because I've been here a while and then left for a while. I'm just saying that, since the rules are the same as they were 7 years ago, then there shouldn't be any discrepancy in sizing of poses that were accepted a long time ago.

And I'm talking about old poses. Old poses. I've been on WH since 2004, and the 4 year difference between you and I has had a lot of pose artists come and go :P

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

2008 is just when I signed up for the forum. I'm just throwing that out there. I still know artists and I still can recognize some art styles :) Even if the art is older. We also recognize your character since you've had it for a while, so custom poses will be easier.

I also just wanted to throw out that if anyone is still questioning poses or is having trouble finding artists, please feel free to contact me. I will do my best in helping you find what you're looking for.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Locked Previous topicNext topic