In Regards to Recent Events

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Dear Wolfhome,

Before I start this announcement, please know that we the administration love and care about Wolfhome as a community. We care about you guys with all of our hearts and everything that has happened recently is hurting us just as much.

Now, as I have stated in my message to the community about the return of the forums, please know that we will be watching threads, signatures, posts, and avatars very closely. We will not tolerate the spread of hate, flaming, drama, rumors, or gossip. This is still a violation of the rules of the Wolfhome Forums. If you are caught or reported for any disturbance of the peace, action will be taken against your account. This can be anywhere from a reminder to a permanent ban on the forums based on the severity or what rung of your ban ladder you are on.

This is not to say that we are not open to hearing your questions and concerns. If you have any legitimate concerns, constructive criticism, questions, or constructive suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact any Wolfhome alpha or email Underdog directly. His email is Underdog@chatlands.com. Just know that we ask you to be civil when bringing things to our attention.

On the topic of sharing your opinions, again, we're not going to scold anyone for sharing their opinion on a matter. HOWEVER, this is not to say that we will be tolerating hate, flaming, or bashing of any person on or off of Wolfhome. This is inclusive to anything on chat as well. Remember that disturbing the peace in this way is against our rules.

Thank you all and I hope we can rise from this and become a better community,
The Wolfhome Administration Team
☆ A final farewell ☆
Penguin
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

As an observer to this entire situation that has happened, it's unfortunate that the understanding between a two groups of people can be so disjointed and have a message sent from one group and an entirely different message being received by them. Nobody wants to destroy wolfhome or see its fall, but it's glaringly obvious when a large group of people has the same experiences individually with people who are in positions in power, and that their voices fall on deaf ears. I know you don't have the power to change what the problem all of these people are seeing and experiencing, but I think the same redundant reiteration is just patronizing at some point. I don't think this community is inclusive and desires to actually hear out the problems and complaints. Dismissive and protective and defensive behaviors are in my view, the wrong way to approach actual grievances people are having. If those who have the ultimate control over a community choose to keep the wool in front of their eyes, and then pretend like everything's okay, that is fine, you can have a portion of the userbase flee, and maybe they'll be replaced in time, but please, don't pretend like it isn't a real problem and that everything is okay, and that they are just rebels to be silenced. Bans under the pretense of trolling or harassment, when they are 100% serious, are just a slap in the face to people who have actually suffered personally in some way because of the actions of multiple members of the community or staff. When sending emails doesn't do anything, and crying out injustice doesn't do anything, you can't expect to make posts like this and everyone be like "oh, true, everything is fine i'll just accept it"

Take it into consideration when you see what people post, and how they react. A post as simple that states, please dont break our rules, is fine, but this soft squishy feel good stuff isn't fooling anyone who's upset, and only serves to make people more angry.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

I have to say that I absolute did not share this under false pretenses.

We are taking the concerns of the community into deep consideration. I understand why everyone is upset and I am well aware of what is going on. We are attempting to take steps to correct this. Please do not place this on myself or the administration, we are just as upset about the transpired events. I'm so sorry that you feel like I'm trying to silence people, because I'm not. I'm asking that you bring things up in a civilized manner INSTEAD of what happened last night. Bringing things up in a profession and mature manner will be much more effective than flaming the forums and bashing the people involved. This isn't something that's being taken lightly in any sense of the word.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Loki
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Pride

I appreciate the Wolfhome's administration in all of this, and it sucks that you guys are stuck in the crossfire of this and having to deal with the reports, bans, warnings, etc. I wish it didn't have to be this way and I wish some people responded better to this although we all know I am guilty of some stuff I am not here to say I am not. I just am simply tired of this and wish people on both ends could have a civil discussion where the suppose rumors, if they are, can be put to rest.

"No one bad is ever truly bad, no one good is ever truly good."

Penguin

Fik wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:35 pm
I have to say that I absolute did not share this under false pretenses.

We are taking the concerns of the community into deep consideration. I understand why everyone is upset and I am well aware of what is going on. We are attempting to take steps to correct this. Please do not place this on myself or the administration, we are just as upset about the transpired events. I'm so sorry that you feel like I'm trying to silence people, because I'm not. I'm asking that you bring things up in a civilized manner INSTEAD of what happened last night. Bringing things up in a profession and mature manner will be much more effective than flaming the forums and bashing the people involved. This isn't something that's being taken lightly in any sense of the word.
I don't think that *you* are trying to silence people, and I don't think that anything that is the resolution anyone who has a grievance wants will come to fruition, and that is the biggest problem. I do not think that sending anyone private emails will be effective means of resolution either, so really, it's just a matter of you as a staff discussing with the owner of the site if you're going to ignore the complaints, and go along business as usual, or consider that they may actually be true, and if the behavior of people matters more than their utility to a website, and then provide that resolution to the community to allow them to decide to take their leave, or consider that some ethical standards are held to a community with so many rules in place meant to protect people. I know certainly right now I don't feel any sense of protection and I've barely been active on this site in the past few years.

I don't need an apology from you, or any member of the wolfhome administration specifically, the people who I'd like to see apologies from would never admit fault to what is happening, because that would be an admission of guilt, remorse, for actions that we're being told didn't happen.
KuraiAme

I think I missed everything. I just thought that the forums went down for maintenance.
NVentous
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Preferred Name: Ven
Species: werewolf

all i'm gonna say is that i'm hopping mad about someone with the relevant allegations here being allowed to make major decisions or sit in a position of power for a community when multiple members are voicing that they feel unsafe.

but from my current understanding of the situation i'm not mad at the mod team here. i appreciate that y'all seem to be trying to do what you can to remedy the situation

i'm probably posting my contact info and bouncing in a few. maybe i'll check back in occasionally to provide relevant dev news, but due to recent events topping off other concerns i've had i'm no longer interested in participating on this platform. i hope this resolves in a way that makes this community safer and more transparent; i will still send email concerns when my head's slightly more put together than it is currently. later, y'all, and i hope to see you soon with Yowl ✌🏼
Kennedy
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Thank you for posting this, Fik. I hope everyone can keep remaining civil because youre tearing me apart, wolfhome!!!!!!
#BlackLivesMatter
pyr

Aeonium wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm
Thank you for posting this, Fik. I hope everyone can keep remaining civil because youre tearing me apart, wolfhome!!!!!!

edit fixed
i can be good
just not for you
Kennedy
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

Voidrae wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:11 pm
Aeonium wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

edit fixed
Thank u so gd much
I'm glad u knew I was talking about the Room
#BlackLivesMatter
pyr

are you kidding me that's my favorite movie!!
i can be good
just not for you
scorpio
Departed Soul
Departed Soul

so like what happened tho

and i mean that as in I'm part of the crowd that really thought the forum was down for technical reasons, im really being nosey more than anything because obviously something pretty major must have happened for the forums to literally be shut down to make it stop. y'all are wild

lol nvm I found it. wow
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
currently playing City Folk

Unfortunately, scorpio passed away on Monday, August 3, 2020.
For more information please click here.
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

I've tried sending my letter to both emails now (three times to be exactly, once to the underdog one, and then twice to the one he posted before the forum went down, since he was having problems with the underdog one. I received failure emails for the first two, but I'm not receiving anything for the third, which means it went through and I've waited over 24 hours, and I know he responded to someone else in less time than that, so I'm worried mine are not getting through. Can I possibly ask an alpha to send mine for me?
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

If you'd like to PM it to me or email me at epistaxiophobiac@gmail.com, I will be sure he gets it.

I think what's happening is he's getting a high volume of emails right now and it's causing problems with the server. I'm sure he'll get to responding to everyone in due time. I'm sure he's flooded.
☆ A final farewell ☆
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Fik wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:07 pm
If you'd like to PM it to me or email me at epistaxiophobiac@gmail.com, I will be sure he gets it.

I think what's happening is he's getting a high volume of emails right now and it's causing problems with the server. I'm sure he'll get to responding to everyone in due time. I'm sure he's flooded.
emailing now - please let me know if you've gotten my email, so I do know that it's in fact, sending through to everyone else too!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic