Nipple Rule Revision: Voting and Discussion

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.

Should the rule be revised and changed?

Keep the rule as is (no nipples allowed)
26%
Change the rule (Male nipples, no female nipples)
74%

Total votes: 99
Collide
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Kristin
Species: Red Fox/Raccoon

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 am

imo i think this whole topic is ridiculous and i'm kind of tired of seeing it appear and disappear and reappear again.. pick a decision and stick to it.
3 x
It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million,
The chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
Coyfox
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jesse
Species: opossum

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 am

lamp wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 am
genuine question: if you start allowing "masc" nipples this is basically to mean if the character has a flat chest, nipples are completely fine ? its a no go for any non flat boob
I ask this bc I have flat chested female characters (jacket) and nonbinary characters (spacebar, turdpee) and bc theyre flat chested and this place doesnt allow junk flapping around I could actually claim them to be male and theyd get the pass so where exactly would you be crossing the line ?
I explained it more in the clarification post in the OP!
Coyfox wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 pm
The rule change (reverting back to how the rule used to be before the rule change a couple years ago) would mean that due to how legal avenues and society views nipples, any nipples on breasts that are not flat and nipples on female-identifying characters are not allowed. Nipples on flat chests belonging to non-female identifying characters are fine. Non-female characters with breasts that are not flat cannot have nipples showing. As a pre-surgery trans man myself, I understand why this is frustrating - but sadly that's how society treats nipples. Wolfhome being a PG-13 site cannot LEGALLY allow female nipples or nipples on breasts that are not flat. That's why we're making it so any not-flat breasts cannot have nipples as well.
And a trans-related example I mentioned earlier, but it's a lot like how pre-top surgery afab trans people can't be topless at public beaches but post-top surgery afab trans people can.

--------------------
Collide wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 am
imo i think this whole topic is ridiculous and i'm kind of tired of seeing it appear and disappear and reappear again.. pick a decision and stick to it.
As stated earlier, the reason this was brought up again is because the administration promised that we would allow this rule to be rediscussed after the rule was older and because a lot of the community has expressed unhappiness with how the current rule on nipples is.
The administration has made it a point to listen to the userbase when they are unhappy with rules on the site, which is why this was brought up for an OFFICIAL rediscussion/revision since it's been about 2 years since the rule was initially put into place. That's why we allow all users to suggest rule changes and rule revisions, and we make sure that people are heard - especially for such a big topic that so many feel so strongly about. Users are important in helping the site run smoothly and pointing out things that they think are not right or need fixing, and user input will always be important to the administration.
7 x
ImageImageImage
No one said you had to be perfect.
You just have to try your best.

Ιθ/ΙՁ/ՁθΙƼSave the OceansImage
Kikki
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:57 am

We wouldn’t have brought this up again if we didn’t get an overwhelming indication that a large number of the community did not like the way it currently is. We want to make changes to improve the way this site is run, that includes re-evaluating things that we found weren’t working as well as expected. Rules are allowed to undergo changes after a period of trial.

If you want my personal opinion, this disallowing both nipples is not a step towards equality. Shanirie’s cupcake example pretty much explains why I feel this way and I am hoping we can allow male nipples again, and eventually in the future, female nipples too.
10 x
Commissions | YCH's | DeviantArt | Art Queue
Previously Akala...
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Allison

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 am

honestly this rule shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. kinda funny how some people who voted for no nipples are the same people now who want them back.

anyway my opinion still stands. in a perfect world, yes, all nipples should be allowed. but unfortunately this isn't the case. society doesn't see male nipples the same way as the see female nipples, and that's.... the way it is. shaniries cupcake analogy is similar to one i made when this was first under discussion:
Carcharias wrote:Just because one party cannot have visible nipples shouldn't mean that the other gets their rights to them taken away. I'm sorry, I'm still the unpopular opinion that sees this as unfair. That's like kids at a party and one is not allowed to eat any candy. Because that kid can't have any candy, everybody else gets their candy taken away from them because that kid can't have any.

iiiidk, my opinion hasn't changed and i think it should go back to the way it was and HAS BEEN.
3 x
mongrel
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: hufflepuff

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:57 am

Carcharias wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 am
honestly this rule shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. kinda funny how some people who voted for no nipples are the same people now who want them back.
people are allowed to change their minds on these kinds of issues and to suggest they should stick with what they wanted before is to limit growth. like I’ve already said before, because it may have sounded good in theory doesn’t mean it works well in practice. this has very well been the case for this issue.

the first time around, I was against the rule change but i voted for it anyways to piss some legitimate transphobes off. 🤷‍♀️
7 x
give 'em hell, give 'em teeth like you taught me
Akeela
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Species: Fennec/Arctic Wolf

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm not against female/male nipples. I think its our natural anatomy but so isn't our sexual parts. I say keep this site PG-13 and stick with the no nipple rule. It's a chat site. Keep the nips on your art pages to share OR allow r-rated assets to private rooms that are marked 18+? We have a rating system already implemented for rooms, why not use that and upload poses for review under an 18+ tab and only usable in those rooms? Everyone can be happy <3

Just a suggestion :)
2 x
❄❅❆
She was the moon of her story, in phases, in lights, in darkness,
in sorts of beauty that only a few could understand and only a few could love
Jailbird
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Species: borb

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Akeela wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:31 pm
I'm not against female/male nipples. I think its our natural anatomy but so isn't our sexual parts. I say keep this site PG-13 and stick with the no nipple rule. It's a chat site. Keep the nips on your art pages to share OR allow r-rated assets to private rooms that are marked 18+? We have a rating system already implemented for rooms, why not use that and upload poses for review under an 18+ tab and only usable in those rooms? Everyone can be happy <3

Just a suggestion :)
I think this was discussed last time and there would be issues making an 18+ pose group to upload to within the chat and also would need work to prohibit those poses from being used outside of their settings, which underdog would have to both approve of and implement so it isn't an option for those who want that unfortunately

I may be wrong tho bc I have the memory of a gnat @Coyfox @Akala might be able to give more info
1 x
No mourners, no funerals.
as above, so below

Kikki
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: Fox

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm

1 x
Commissions | YCH's | DeviantArt | Art Queue
Previously Akala...
lamp
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: any
Preferred Name: Colby
Species: alien

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:44 pm

sooo basically what im understanding is youre going to be checking on characters for their genders before allowing their flat chest to have nipples ?
4 x

Zuko
Pronouns: They/Them

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm

lamp wrote:
sooo basically what im understanding is youre going to be checking on characters for their genders before allowing their flat chest to have nipples ?
I think it's only allowing characters with flat chests to have nipples, regardless of their gender. The flat chest is where the line is drawn.
0 x

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Larkenox
Preferred Name: Ross
Species: Android

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Zuko wrote:
lamp wrote:
I think it's only allowing characters with flat chests to have nipples, regardless of their gender. The flat chest is where the line is drawn.
i havent read like 7/8 of the pages but i just wanted to say that yeah this makes sense. the issue is breast tissue. female babies don't have their nipples censored, and mtf females do, because of breast tissue. if a character does not have breast tissue i don't see why it needs to be censored. a ftm who has had top surgery and had their breast tissue removed can be shirtless in public, and since these characters are fictional its possible to have female characters with 0 breast tissue at all so
that's all im contributing to this topic goodbye
2 x
What is a man?
A miserable pile of secrets

Characters.Deviantart.Commissions
Alpen
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Pronouns: she/her

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Since it looks like the voting leans toward going back to the old rule, when is this going to be closed?
0 x
fall premades
I’m not someone that you'd come looking for
I’m just somebody you found
12/7/15-12/17/17
lamp
Pronouns: any
Preferred Name: Colby
Species: alien

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Larkenox wrote:
Zuko wrote:
lamp wrote:
i havent read like 7/8 of the pages but i just wanted to say that yeah this makes sense. the issue is breast tissue. female babies don't have their nipples censored, and mtf females do, because of breast tissue. if a character does not have breast tissue i don't see why it needs to be censored. a ftm who has had top surgery and had their breast tissue removed can be shirtless in public, and since these characters are fictional its possible to have female characters with 0 breast tissue at all so
THATS ALL I WANTED TO MAKE SURE OF bc the whole..................... transgender additions and transitioning stuff included in the "yea if ure flat chested yall good" confused me and is just trump answering my question
0 x

Coyfox
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jesse
Species: opossum

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:10 pm

lamp wrote:
Larkenox wrote:
Zuko wrote:
lamp wrote:
THATS ALL I WANTED TO MAKE SURE OF bc the whole..................... transgender additions and transitioning stuff included in the "yea if ure flat chested yall good" confused me and is just trump answering my question
I included the example of transitioning for an example as to how a nipple goes from being not socially/legally acceptable to how a nipple is fine after sugery because the chest goes from having breasts to being flat. So yes, the breast is the issue. Also because people were questioning about trans issues earlier in the thread, I wanted to address the concerns since I'm trans myself. It was an example to further prove the point of what's acceptable and what's not, not to be "trump answering your question."
4 x
ImageImageImage
No one said you had to be perfect.
You just have to try your best.

Ιθ/ΙՁ/ՁθΙƼSave the OceansImage
pariae
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm

lamp wrote:
Larkenox wrote:
Zuko wrote:
lamp wrote:
Nobody on here is “Trump answering your questions”. It’s a pretty offensive thing to call the users / Admins who are clarifying for you a man whom most of the world literally despises for a plethora of valid reasons. If Trump was even half like the people above, the USA wouldn’t be in such a shitty mess.

Like Alpen said though, I’m curious as to when this will close? I’m assuming a week sounds fair so everyone can get their input in since I remember that being a reason users were angry one of the previous times. I think it should also be announced on the chat / put on the homepage to *really* spread the message and to cover the administrations asses on this.

People who don’t vote or give zero input but complain after don’t really have any room to complain about the results. Nor do they have anyone else to blame but themselves since a every vote counts and makes a difference.
8 x
- Chidori 🕷🕸
06.13.18 ☾

i was out of my head, i was out of control, thought i was living but i wasn’t and
sometimes you crash and you burn before you’re once again whole.

I was out of my head I was out of control, look in the mirror
and you’ll see that it’s not worth wasting your time
with things that destroy your soul.
Locked Previous topicNext topic