Things seem a bit... green.

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

You may have noticed that we have a new themed icon for the month of March! As we look forward to spring, St. Patrick's Day, fat Tuesday/Pancake day, lent, ash Wednesday, International Women's Day, Purim, and I'm sure several more, we have made some fancy clover icons! You can see their meaning below!

Image - Read
Image - Locked and Read
Image - Unread
Image - Locked and Unread

Do you have a suggestion for a themed icon? Let us know!
☆ A final farewell ☆
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

These are so so cute and nicely done but I've just spoken to a colourblind user who can't distinguish the green and gold colours so can't see what topics have been replied to very easily/at all. Would it be possible to change the gold to something more colourblind friendly, or have a colourblind option somehow?

Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Colo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm
These are so so cute and nicely done but I've just spoken to a colourblind user which can't distinguish the green and gold colours so can't see what topics have been replied to very easily/at all. Would it be possible to change the gold to something more colourblind friendly, or have a colourblind option somehow?
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of besides a color change is adding wording at the bottom. Which is not hard at all. The other thing I can try is doing a second forum theme that's more color blind friendly.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

Fik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 pm
Colo wrote:
These are so so cute and nicely done but I've just spoken to a colourblind user which can't distinguish the green and gold colours so can't see what topics have been replied to very easily/at all. Would it be possible to change the gold to something more colourblind friendly, or have a colourblind option somehow?
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of besides a color change is adding wording at the bottom. Which is not hard at all. The other thing I can try is doing a second forum theme that's more color blind friendly.
Either would probably work out quite well! Thanks for the speedy response to this :)

Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Colo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:54 pm
Fik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 pm
Colo wrote:
Either would probably work out quite well! Thanks for the speedy response to this :)
It's not a problem! We definitely want to make things as accessible as possible. It also gives me a reason to fiddle around with a few things ;)
Thank you for letting us know that the colors were difficult to see.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

A new forum theme has been implemented! You can look at and change your theme by going to your UCP (user control panel) and clicking board preferences. You'll be able to choose from Milk v2 (default) and Milk Backup. The backup does not have themed icons, we've switched them to simple moons. Currently, there is no "Locked" icon for it, but it will be something we work on in the future and develop a little bit more!

Milk is just the name of the theme we're using
☆ A final farewell ☆
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog
Pronouns: she/her

I looked at it and then switched back and the icons are back to the hearts they were before. Is that right? Or
no longer active. please contact me on discord @cicadajo for any art-related enquiries
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Alpen wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:13 pm
I looked at it and then switched back and the icons are back to the hearts they were before. Is that right? Or
You may need to clear your cookies to view it correctly!
☆ A final farewell ☆
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog

Fik wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 pm
Alpen wrote:
Is there any way to prevent that from happening bc it’s kind of annoying ngl :( bc I have to clear everything and lose a lot of stuff
no longer active. please contact me on discord @cicadajo for any art-related enquiries
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Unfortunately, anytime there is an image update, you do need to clear cookies because your web browser will cache images to load your page faster. I believe you can turn it off in chrome, but web pages may load more slowly
☆ A final farewell ☆
sfoijefiosjea
Omniscient
Omniscient

gosh thank you so much again you guys <3 ;; u esp colo ty
this helps tremendously
dead account, please stop dm'ing.
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog

Fik wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Unfortunately, anytime there is an image update, you do need to clear cookies because your web browser will cache images to load your page faster. I believe you can turn it off in chrome, but web pages may load more slowly
It’s safari on my phone and I have like...450+ tabs lol. I’ll just keep the hearts for now
But thank you anyway
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

I also realize that the moon images are slightly too large, it will be something we work on in the future
☆ A final farewell ☆
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

Alpen wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:33 pm
Fik wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 pm
Alpen wrote:
Is there any way to prevent that from happening bc it’s kind of annoying ngl :( bc I have to clear everything and lose a lot of stuff
Press ctrl+f5 on a Windows desktop or CMD + R on an a Mac and it should reload all the images for you without having to delete cookies on your entire browser. On Android Chrome it can be done via settings -> site settings -> all sites -> scroll and select webaddress -> clear & reset (this may log you out on Android).

For Safari I've found the following, I don't have an iphone so cannot test:

Settings, then click on Safari, then scroll down and click on Advanced, then click on Website Data you will get a list of websites that have stored data. You can click Edit then remove the data from just the sites that you want to remove stored data from.

Hope that helps!

Reacher
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Colo wrote:
These are so so cute and nicely done but I've just spoken to a colourblind user who can't distinguish the green and gold colours so can't see what topics have been replied to very easily/at all. Would it be possible to change the gold to something more colourblind friendly, or have a colourblind option somehow?
I'm colorblind and had literally NO IDEA there was two different colors?!?
I'm actually mind blown lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic