Chatlands 2020 kickstarter!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Reacher
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3

I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?

I know that the advertisement will show up multiple times as it rotates through with other advertisements. You pay for a set amount of time, and it will rotate for that amount of time. You can pay by 1 month, 3 months or 6 months I believe. I'm not sure how many views they get, but it is definitely a fair bit since FurAffinity is so frequently used.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm
underdog wrote:
Reacher wrote:
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3

I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?

I know that the advertisement will show up multiple times as it rotates through with other advertisements. You pay for a set amount of time, and it will rotate for that amount of time. You can pay by 1 month, 3 months or 6 months I believe. I'm not sure how many views they get, but it is definitely a fair bit since FurAffinity is so frequently used.

Okay thanks. I will have to find out furaffinity rates. It looks like their main ad is about "YCH"... Should I just google that? :-D

As far as how much chatlands will charge for ads, or what a pledge will get, I'm not sure. I can only say that I am going to accept what the market will bear.

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Reacher
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:08 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm
underdog wrote:
Reacher wrote:

Okay thanks. I will have to find out furaffinity rates. It looks like their main ad is about "YCH"... Should I just google that? :-D

As far as how much chatlands will charge for ads, or what a pledge will get, I'm not sure. I can only say that I am going to accept what the market will bear.

You can find out a little more about the FurAffinity advertisements here: https://www.furaffinity.net/advertising
There's also an e-mail in there you can contact if you want to know more.

YCH is probably an artist advertisement haha, it stands for "your character here" (premade drawings that are completed as your character after you pay for it)
Gia
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Preferred Name: Gia

Hi Everyone!

Here is a survey for the pledge level names. This is a start to gather intel. There is an option for suggestions. I will let everyone know the results tomorrow evening and we can go from there. Thanks for voting!!
https://lvs242265.typeform.com/to/qAP8SH
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Gia wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Hi Everyone!

Here is a survey for the pledge level names. This is a start to gather intel. There is an option for suggestions. I will let everyone know the results tomorrow evening and we can go from there. Thanks for voting!!
https://lvs242265.typeform.com/to/qAP8SH
Thank you Gia! I appreciate all of the help. You've brought organization to my plans for this Kickstarter.

Thanks also to so many others. I hope you know who you are and if I start a list I am bound to leave out too many people.

Please just trust me that I do appreciate the volunteer spirit that is the heartbeat of our community.

Andes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He / Him
Preferred Name: Andrew
Species: Canadian Timber Wolf

Pride

Do you think a Discord server might help organize this a little better? Maybe for folks who are interested in helping in any way?

Thoughts? I don't mind setting one up!
Λngel
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Personally, i would prefer discussion be contained here on the forum so that i can continuously follow without scrolling through real-time dialogue.
yuu
Omniscient
Omniscient

i'd say no to a discord server because its too easy to veer off track and converse about other topics then lose important information due to that

disappointed but not surprised

LVRDE
Gourd Vibes Only
Gourd Vibes Only
Pronouns: SHE/HER

I cannot express how truly excited I am for this! I am more than willing to lend any hand that I can, including art wise. My art topic can be found here!

Gonna keep an eye out on this thread. <3
Laika-
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/they
Preferred Name: Laika

Pride

egirl wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am
i'd say no to a discord server because its too easy to veer off track and converse about other topics then lose important information due to that
To an extent I understand what you mean, but there already is an existing CL events committee discord server for this that people here and there have been invited to join. It’s been posted a few times but I don’t think an official thread for it has yet been made. There are specific channels allocated for different types of discussions all for the sake of organization, along with a pinned google doc for anyone to utilize if they have an idea they want to formally log down.

It was created by me a couple of months ago as a place for those who were pitching in to help create he Howloween event to converse w/one another (I did it to help UD out since we were primarily sticking to emails/FB messenger prior to that and it was hard to keep people directly informed), but has since expanded.

Having an IM platform dedicated to this has been helpful for those who want to send and receive quick/real-time responses & be in direct touch with underdog if they have any questions for him. He’s fairly active there and it’s been nice!

The invite link can be posted here if people end up feeling interested
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

peach wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:51 pm
I've got some sticker designs and stuff in the works right now. Does anyone happen to have a clear pic of the Guardian's medallion/pendant?
Sorry, I don't but I might be able to find it. I'll have to dig through some old folders...

underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

If anyone wants to work on artwork for this kickstarter, I'd love to see artwork that expands the horizons a bit. We are focusing on the guardian (which is fine!) but there are other sites, some of which are about cats (CPI) or dragons (Dragon Powers comes to mind) or prehistoric creatures. I also think a chat site featuring robots would be fun. I used to run "midnightearth.com" which was a movie monster site, and "wizardchat.com" which was about wizards (sort of a mash up of harry potter and the dresden files). Heck you could even do sticker art of a frigging space station and we could consider that a chatlands domain for science fiction fans... Just brainstorming here. Maybe we need fantasy art "pixies" or "gnomes"? Ramble ramble...

Laika-
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/they
Preferred Name: Laika

Pride

underdog wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:38 pm
If anyone wants to work on artwork for this kickstarter, I'd love to see artwork that expands the horizons a bit. We are focusing on the guardian (which is fine!) but there are other sites, some of which are about cats (CPI) or dragons (Dragon Powers comes to mind) or prehistoric creatures. I also think a chat site featuring robots would be fun. I used to run "midnightearth.com" which was a movie monster site, and "wizardchat.com" which was about wizards (sort of a mash up of harry potter and the dresden files). Heck you could even do sticker art of a frigging space station and we could consider that a chatlands domain for science fiction fans... Just brainstorming here. Maybe we need fantasy art "pixies" or "gnomes"? Ramble ramble...
People will definitely eat nice looking dragon artwork right up. That kind of genre has a lot of fairly widespread popularity
Andes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He / Him
Preferred Name: Andrew
Species: Canadian Timber Wolf

Pride

Laika- wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:16 pm
underdog wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:38 pm
People will definitely eat nice looking dragon artwork right up. That kind of genre has a lot of fairly widespread popularity
100% agree, if we can get some dragons on stickers and stuff we'd get even more attention tbh
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

peach wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 am
I can do dragons and fantasy critters :>
underdog Are you wanting the stickers to say 'chatlands.com' or specific sites?
Also if anyone has any specific ideas for stickers (or anything!) let me know!
The flu has my creative juices stopped up ;n;
We'd like the artwork to be about 300 DPI for a 3" x 3" image. Please do not include any logo because that may still change before launch. We're working on branding still. Thank you for the help! The best strategy is to check on the CL discord for the latest information.

Locked Previous topicNext topic