Art Rule Changes

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Guardian
The Last Skyrbender

Hello Wolfhome Family! We have some special ART-related announcements and rule-changes to share with you all. Many of these are requests from the community and we are excited to be able to get them rolled out.

There's a lot to cover, so we'll try to keep it organised and easy to read.

Allowing Animated Poses

Animated Poses are now acceptable to upload and use on chat. With that being said, there are a few things to keep in mind. We will not be limiting frames for animated poses The size restriction of 512 KB will limit that itself. Animated poses can be toggled on AND off by selecting/de-selecting the button in your sniff menu. This option gives users that have connection issues or those who don't wish to view these poses the ability to disable them at their own discretion. <- This function is under repair currently and does not work yet.

Not Allowed:

- Any sexual or suggestive Animated Poses will not be allowed due to existing pose regulations.
- Any Animated Poses that may contain any sort of flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns, as this could potentially result in some members feeling disorientated, uncomfortable or unwell.

Examples:
ImageImage
Allowing Copyrighted Characters

Copyrighted characters under the pretense of it being 'fan art' will now be acceptable. To be more specific, this means that you cannot claim the character as your own and you must credit the original company and/or sources. This is for big companies & games only, so this will not include other people's OCs or other people's creations. The only exception to this is if they give you explicit permission to do so. Below are some examples provided.

Allowed Examples:

- Mario
- Pikachu / Pokémon
- Toothless (From How To Train Your Dragon)
- Baymax (From Big Hero 6)

Not Allowed Examples:

- Fan-Art of an Administrator's OC
- Fan-Art of anyone's OC
- Fan-Art that was created by an artist on another platform that was not commissioned by the User (Unless explicit permission has been provided)
Removal of Stitches in Poses with Plushies

Plushies in Poses will no longer require stitches. This applies to ‘OC plushies’ & ‘Copyrighted Characters’. There are a few requirements needed for plushies, and they will be listed below.

Requirements:
- Plushies must retain the look of being inanimate. (button eyes, chibi style, floppy-look)
- You must receive explicit permission in order to use other users OCs.
- Plushies must not take away the main focus from the main character.

What’s allowed:
- Any Copyrighted Characters in Plushie form.
- Any Owned Character in Plushie form
- The use of others OCs as plushies with explicit permission.
Same Species in Poses

Poses that depict the same species are now acceptable to be used on Wolfhome. These poses include a Feral or Anthro character, accompanied by animal companion(s) of the same species.
Size restriction on the same species companion(s) will be regulated under the sizing rules that are already established for each species. Oversized companion(s) that take away the focus of the main character may be placed into the large prop category, for example a Dragon companion to a Dragon OC.

What’s allowed:
- Anthro Characters with Feral same species companion(s).
- Feral Characters with Feral same species companion(s).

What’s not allowed:
- Small Feral Companions being overtly larger than the Feral/Anthro Character.
- Anthro Character accompanied by an Anthro Companion.
Poses Depicting Deceased or Harmed Animals

Poses that depict deceased or harmed animals in a prey stance will now be accepted into the gore category. It must fall within a natural predator/prey interaction. With that being said there are a few exceptions that will not be allowed. For example, a human or anthro pose including a dead animal or doing it harm, is not allowed as this would be considered abuse. Below are a few examples of what is allowed and not.

Allowed Examples:
- A feral animal holding a dead animal as means for Role-Play. (killing animals for prey)
- A feral animal chasing an injured animal. (natural predator/prey interaction)

Not Allowed Examples:
- An anthro animal hitting/doing harm to another animal.
- A human character holding a dead animal or doing an animal harm.
- An animal chained up/trapped, being mauled by a feral animal.
Large Poses in "Large Prop Category" + Large Appendages

The Art Staff will now be accepting Large or Oversized Poses into the "Large Prop Category". Poses that are accepted into the Large Prop Category will be able to be used in private rooms only. Adding to this, any large appendages such as tails/wings/etc that are more than 2x the size of the body will now also be placed in the Large Prop Category.

If you are unsure what would be deemed acceptable or not, please feel free to message one of our ART Members here for further clarification.
FractureDeity
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

So excited for the changes thank you
5/9/22 - Forever my love.
kain
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Species: Wolf

Pride

This should prove interesting to see, thank you!
"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it." ~ Robin Williams
mermaid
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: Colby

Pride

gore is public or private? and will we be able to hide that category like we can with gifs in the future?
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

mermaid wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:19 pm
gore is public or private? and will we be able to hide that category like we can with gifs in the future?
Anything that's accepted into the gore category is only able to be viewed in private rooms. So I don't believe there will be a feature to disable gore poses, since they aren't able to be used in public rooms!
The only exception to this is Halloween, gore poses are public on that date!
Co-Owner & Alpha of Olympus
Come check it out & join our community Discord today!

checkout my ➛ art thread, commissions, & colouring services
view my ➛ links & important information
trello ➛ to-do list commissions
Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19 | 11.10.22
Galagya
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Be very careful about Nintendo properties. They are bonkers with copyright stuff.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

nice to see some things on this list that i know had been discussed for ages. animated poses!
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

What happened to inanimate poses? is that going to end up being rolled out to be allowed in public rooms or did I miss that? I don't tune in to announcements often
Dreamer
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Dream

Pride

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:26 pm
What happened to inanimate poses? is that going to end up being rolled out to be allowed in public rooms or did I miss that? I don't tune in to announcements often
I’m so sorry it’s early in the morning here so I hope I’m understanding this right, but if you mean like large prop or object, there hasn’t been any discussion over it being allowed in public rooms, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start one!
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

Dreamer wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:28 am
Bloodhound wrote:
I’m so sorry it’s early in the morning here so I hope I’m understanding this right, but if you mean like large prop or object, there hasn’t been any discussion over it being allowed in public rooms, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start one!
I mean the inanimate objects yeah, which includes small inanimate objects.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:31 am
Dreamer wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:28 am
Bloodhound wrote:
I mean the inanimate objects yeah, which includes small inanimate objects.
Inanimate objects are still only allowed in private rooms unless it's specifically designated as an afk pose per some pose sets having an afk pose that's something like a skull. If it's something you all would like we could discuss it for other categories as well for public rooms.

The issue with adding new categories is it doesn't just effect Wolfhome so there may need to be a new solution :>
☆ A final farewell ☆
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

truthfully I think all chats would appreciate a gore & animated category, so not effecting only wolfhome wouldn't be a problem, it's the risk of breaking things again, but UD fixed it last time (except for a few select people who lost poses I believe).
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Honestly, having separate categories would be great. I think it's something we can bring up to UD, and see if it's a change he'd be willing to make now, or if he'd want to wait for the launch of the new Chatlands.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Loki
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Pride

When did Wolfhome start allowing stock images or photos of real animals etc? I didn't see that in any of the updates!

"No one bad is ever truly bad, no one good is ever truly good."

Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Totem wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:31 pm
When did Wolfhome start allowing stock images or photos of real animals etc? I didn't see that in any of the updates!
Hmm, I don't recall. As long as people can prove something is free to use, typically we'll allow use for things like rooms. If you're unsure of permission for something, you can always PM me? I'd love to look into the issue for you. I don't believe we've allowed use of real animal pics or anything.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Locked Previous topicNext topic