There's a lot to cover, so we'll try to keep it organised and easy to read.
Allowing Animated Poses
Animated Poses are now acceptable to upload and use on chat. With that being said, there are a few things to keep in mind. We will not be limiting frames for animated poses The size restriction of 512 KB will limit that itself.
Animated poses can be toggled on AND off by selecting/de-selecting the button in your sniff menu. This option gives users that have connection issues or those who don't wish to view these poses the ability to disable them at their own discretion.<- This function is under repair currently and does not work yet.
- Any sexual or suggestive Animated Poses will not be allowed due to existing pose regulations.
- Any Animated Poses that may contain any sort of flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns, as this could potentially result in some members feeling disorientated, uncomfortable or unwell.
Allowing Copyrighted Characters
Copyrighted characters under the pretense of it being 'fan art' will now be acceptable. To be more specific, this means that you cannot claim the character as your own and you must credit the original company and/or sources. This is for big companies & games only, so this will not include other people's OCs or other people's creations. The only exception to this is if they give you explicit permission to do so. Below are some examples provided.
- Pikachu / Pokémon
- Toothless (From How To Train Your Dragon)
- Baymax (From Big Hero 6)
Not Allowed Examples:
- Fan-Art of an Administrator's OC
- Fan-Art of anyone's OC
- Fan-Art that was created by an artist on another platform that was not commissioned by the User (Unless explicit permission has been provided)
Removal of Stitches in Poses with Plushies
Plushies in Poses will no longer require stitches. This applies to ‘OC plushies’ & ‘Copyrighted Characters’. There are a few requirements needed for plushies, and they will be listed below.
- Plushies must retain the look of being inanimate. (button eyes, chibi style, floppy-look)
- You must receive explicit permission in order to use other users OCs.
- Plushies must not take away the main focus from the main character.
- Any Copyrighted Characters in Plushie form.
- Any Owned Character in Plushie form
- The use of others OCs as plushies with explicit permission.
Same Species in Poses
Poses that depict the same species are now acceptable to be used on Wolfhome. These poses include a Feral or Anthro character, accompanied by animal companion(s) of the same species.
Size restriction on the same species companion(s) will be regulated under the sizing rules that are already established for each species. Oversized companion(s) that take away the focus of the main character may be placed into the large prop category, for example a Dragon companion to a Dragon OC.
- Anthro Characters with Feral same species companion(s).
- Feral Characters with Feral same species companion(s).
What’s not allowed:
- Small Feral Companions being overtly larger than the Feral/Anthro Character.
- Anthro Character accompanied by an Anthro Companion.
Poses Depicting Deceased or Harmed Animals
Poses that depict deceased or harmed animals in a prey stance will now be accepted into the gore category. It must fall within a natural predator/prey interaction. With that being said there are a few exceptions that will not be allowed. For example, a human or anthro pose including a dead animal or doing it harm, is not allowed as this would be considered abuse. Below are a few examples of what is allowed and not.
- A feral animal holding a dead animal as means for Role-Play. (killing animals for prey)
- A feral animal chasing an injured animal. (natural predator/prey interaction)
Not Allowed Examples:
- An anthro animal hitting/doing harm to another animal.
- A human character holding a dead animal or doing an animal harm.
- An animal chained up/trapped, being mauled by a feral animal.
Large Poses in "Large Prop Category" + Large Appendages
The Art Staff will now be accepting Large or Oversized Poses into the "Large Prop Category". Poses that are accepted into the Large Prop Category will be able to be used in private rooms only. Adding to this, any large appendages such as tails/wings/etc that are more than 2x the size of the body will now also be placed in the Large Prop Category.
If you are unsure what would be deemed acceptable or not, please feel free to message one of our ART Members here for further clarification.