Art Rule Changes

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay
Species: Stress Elemental

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Hello everyone! I have been testing (and having others help me test) the extension Animation Policy and it seems to work for Google Chrome. @GOOSE tested it on Opera and it didn't seem to work well, so I'll be looking for that browser soon. You can try the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ee/related

As for Firefox, I found the following statement on Howtogeek:
Mozilla Firefox
Firefox offers a built-in way to stop animated GIFs from playing, or to force them to only play once.

To change this setting, type about:config into Firefox’s address bar and press Enter. You’ll see a warning telling you to be careful here, as you could change settings you shouldn’t. Be careful on this screen and don’t change any settings unless you know what you’re doing. Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” to agree you’ve understood the warning.

Type image.animation into the search box on the about:config page. You’ll see a setting named image.animation_mode , which is set to normal by default. The “normal” behavior is to play every animated image on repeat over and over again.

Double-click the setting and set it to none to stop animated GIFs from playing. You could also set it to once if you want each animated GIF to play only once instead of repeating over and over. You don’t have to restart Firefox after making this change.
2 x
CommissionsFreebsArtCharacters
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay
Species: Stress Elemental

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:41 am

Hello everyone!

The administration has rethought our stance on some animated poses. At this time, these are some dos and don'ts of uploading your animated pose! Please remember that there is a Chrome extention you can use to remove all moving images. It will just show a static image for you. You can also take steps in Firefox to do the same. You can find that information here: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=211031

Do -
Keep movements relatively slow
Lighting animation should be kept to light twinkling (think soft/slow christmas lights)
Double check both facing versions of your pose! Some conversion sites tend to ruin the outlines of your animation
Keep your colors and markings the same throughout. If the markings change too often, it can look like it's "blinking" rather than moving

Do Not -
Upload fast moving poses that can confuse the eye
Use bright, rapid, or blinking light type animations
Have your animation flip directions too quickly
Have too many moving parts
6 x
CommissionsFreebsArtCharacters
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic