In an effort to help minimize confusion and secrecy, we will be sharing some of the following information in the coming months.
- We will be making the Admin, EC, and RT code of conduct public via the application pages. The admin code of conduct heavily follows the Chatlands Administration code of conduct, with a few minor changes made to it.
- We will be creating a policy (which we are currently attempting to follow, even without it being written down) that we follow up with reports. Whether action was taken or not taken. If not taken, then why.
- We will be trying to be clearer on our rule and policy changes when making announcements. Right now, we post most on this thread, or make a new announcement if it's a bigger change.
- We are currently working on clarify and changing room rules in regards to NSFW content. Especially now that we have 18+ rooms. Along with this, we will also be adding more 18+ rooms
- When we make promotion announcements, we will be more clear on why a person was promoted. This will apply to RT and EC as well. We will also be cutting down on the number of promotion announcement threads to save some space.
- We will openly be creating a suggestions and projects master-list. We've had one in the past, but it wasn't kept up to date
- We are also currently working on posting an Admin Structure List to clarify roles
We've already made several changes to our staffing, policies and procedures. In an effort to be more present and be a positive influence on the community, we have made the following changes.
- The administration has restructured our discord server. Yes, we have a server for easy contact with other administrators and for training purposes. We are making an active effort to have a more professional environment. A note has been made that all discussions will be taking place on the forum for tracking purposes.
- We will be having the following schedule for meetings. A new date and time will be posted for a community meeting and what things will be addressed with an open forum for questions and answers and a safe place to bring up concerns.
- Weekly alpha meetings
- Monthly administration meetings
- Quarterly community meetings
- We will be creating a priority list for projects
- We are encouraging staff to take part more actively in the community, not just on chat, but on the forum. For example, participating in events
- We will be doing sensitivity training via video class
- We discussed the idea of the user council, but ultimately, it may be something we look at during a community meeting
As said above, we are going to be encouraging administration to be more present in a positive way in the community. There is also a list of things we will be doing in the coming months.
- The administration is unsure of how many admins we should restrict to public rooms. We will be posting a poll to see how the community feels. The options being 3, 5, as many as we want, and I have another opinion
- We reiterated the policy that admins should not be idle in public rooms, and should be present and easily contacted when online and on-duty
- We will be opening applications preferably on the first day of fall. This will give us time to make all adjustments necessary to our policies and training protocols
- EC staff will be given free Ultimate accounts. One suggestion that was brought up was making EC members more noticeable on chat. Unfortunately, there is no functionality for this at this time, but UD may look into it for CL2020(1)
- A news letter group was discussed during the meeting, details will follow on this. The group will be self-assignable, basically saying you'd like to start receiving a newsletter via the forum. This may help with event announcements, rule change announcements, and other information.
- Another poll that may come up in the future is compensation for people who donate art for events.