Partners & Siblings/Family on The Administration Team (Poll Closed)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fenton
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Taiki
Species: rat

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm
Fenton wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm
I've been on chatlands for Years and have never heard of an admin CoC. Ive also been an admin as well and literally was never shown the CoC. Yeah, I know there was an admin rulebook but this is kind of out of the blue?
it was opened to the public recently regarding the transparency topic !
Ah,, ok! thanks for clearing that up!

Contacts:
(ACTIVE) Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/Taiki
(ACTIVE) Discord: rnrn
(INACTIVE) Deviant-Art: https://www.deviantart.com/tovvn
-----------------------------------------------------------

[11:08am] Spellbound: is that naruto

[6:56pm] Spelladonna: What if I drew gogogle boy in one of these edits, are u prepared

mermaid
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: Colby

Pride

i noticed someone said case by case and id be ok with that i guess.
also have to agree w @Hocus this seems to me to be kinda favoritism to open this discussion because this person applied?? this should have been done before the applications were opened or assumed the couple rules imo are your partners not also your family?
Fenton
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Taiki
Species: rat

mermaid wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:03 pm
i noticed someone said case by case and id be ok with that i guess.
also have to agree w @Hocus this seems to me to be kinda favoritism to open this discussion because this person applied?? this should have been done before the applications were opened or assumed the couple rules imo are your partners not also your family?
I mean yeah, I agree with this to a certain degree, probably like everyone else, I would not consider my partner family until its been a certain number of years that we've been together, but other people might have different opinions

Contacts:
(ACTIVE) Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/Taiki
(ACTIVE) Discord: rnrn
(INACTIVE) Deviant-Art: https://www.deviantart.com/tovvn

[11:08am] Spellbound: is that naruto

[6:56pm] Spelladonna: What if I drew gogogle boy in one of these edits, are u prepared

Lorien
Alpha
Alpha

we are definitely loving all of the discussion going on, though we feel like its straying from its initial point. we would also like to add that, no applicant has any familial relationship to anyone on the team.

we are simply asking, how everyone feels about siblings being on the team since we have no rule in place for this, only a rule concerning relationships:
should we allow people in relationships OR family members on the team?
writer ✺ candle maker ✺ wife&mother
lendohr wilds - a lovely little art community
Artemis
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She / Her
Species: Vape God

Pride

GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Hocus wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:22 pm
if specifically in the application it states that Wolfhome has a NO nepotism policy, why is this issue coming up now that applications are open? I do think its kind of a little odd to discuss this policy now that applications are open. If someone with a partner/relative on the team has applied, shouldn’t their application just be rejected? It kind of seems like bending the rules almost to make it work for certain people
i agree with this very much so and im glad it was pointed out

this is already a biased topic from users posting their opinions when directly involved in the situation that brought this about. i don't really think this needs to be a community opinion because it's such a specific rule/situation?
transparency is fine and good but that moreso entails posting What the administrative team is doing and why (i.e., changing a rule and providing context)
mermaid
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: Colby

Pride

another thing that id like to bring up is that when they live together, they may be on each others accounts whether or not theyre both on the team. that was something that i also personally experienced even before i was an admin, except what i witnessed they were both on the team which doesnt make it..... as bad? but still bad. this is such old news though neither couples that did that are on wolfhome at all anymore
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Koinu
Species: "Me-uri"/Fox

Pride

Once upon a time ago there was drama amongst the administration team.
Please stop and tell me, where isn't there drama?

The administration team has always had issues in keeping people as it is, so why punish everyone for the mistakes' of a few? There are measures in place to ensure favoritism doesn't take hold. I will never understand why people make Wolfhome out to be this insanely serious high corporate job where insane measures have to be taken place. Most of the administration are adults now, things seem to be running quite well. I'd stop taking things personally forever and understand that people and communities grow up.

Shake off that history and take the time to grow with everyone else. Stop putting expectations of failure on the team.
☆ Previously known as Siren ☆
Characters
Avani
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Unfortunately this thread has to be locked for the well being of everyone involved. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, opinions and votes on the matter. The Team is trying their best to be more transparent with everyone, reason we wanted everyone involved.
Locked Previous topicNext topic