Partners & Siblings/Family on The Administration Team (Poll Closed)

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.
User avatar
GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Posts: 19916
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:56 pm
Pronouns: they/he
Preferred Name: august

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 pm

in the interest of transparency, is there a reason this is being brought up again and rediscussed?
11 x
Image
i bet it's nice to breathe
die every year like leaves

9920
User avatar
Ghrimelda
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 12647
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am
Gender: female
Preferred Name: ash

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:25 pm

GOOSE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 pm
in the interest of transparency, is there a reason this is being brought up again and rediscussed?
this is actually something that has come up in our recent round of admin applications! we have been discussing this in depth, though wanted to reach out to the community as, well you can see, that even we are torn on what to decide!
7 x
Exclusively on Louloudia
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☽ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
commissions - closed (in progress)coloring services - closed (on hold)
AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever
Location: MA

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:46 pm

The only restriction I would put in place in this situation is that partners and siblings can't both be alphas at the same time. I'm sure some of you remember back when CPI had three alphas, and two of them were a longtime couple. The team dynamic didn't work because voting was always in their favor when they agreed on everything. Not shaming them, they kept the site thriving at 100+ users for years. But the point is that if they're both team leads, that can be problematic.

With that restriction in place, I don't see how it's any more risky than promoting complete strangers who are destined to hate one another. Being ganged up on has always been, and will probably always be, a problem. It won't be solved by preventing otherwise good people from joining the team just because they know an existing admin on a more personal level (and might therefore be better at communicating with them, have a built-in support system, and be less afraid of expressing opposing opinions for fear of offending them).

As it's been said, imploding friendships, relationships, and families are all damaging, and all of those situations can boil over into our professional lives. Demote everyone involved until it's settled. They really don't need the added stress of being a Wolfhome admin during that time anyway. The only way that'd really hit the team very hard is if they were all team leads, so pls no
6 x
User avatar
Laika-
Relations Team
Relations Team
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 pm
Gender: Femme nonbinary
Pronouns: She/they
Preferred Name: Laika / Savannah
Species: Fossa / Lioness
Contact:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm

I appreciate this poll being created, thanks for being willing to listen to the community’s take on the matter! My question: If WH’s site specific administration coc doesn’t allow for favoritism or dogpiling anyway, why would it matter what kind of relationship someone has w/another user or team member? I feel if a staff member can’t be fully trusted not to show heavy favoritism or to share information that shouldn’t be shared, whether it’s toward a partner, family member… or otherwise, then perhaps they are not qualified to be an administrator to begin with and their position on the team should be reconsidered.
9 x
User avatar
Fenton
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 am
Gender: Male
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Danny
Species: rat

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:25 pm
GOOSE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 pm
in the interest of transparency, is there a reason this is being brought up again and rediscussed?
this is actually something that has come up in our recent round of admin applications! we have been discussing this in depth, though wanted to reach out to the community as, well you can see, that even we are torn on what to decide!
Not to be rude or anything but, isn't this kind of vague posting?? Because, this has never been an issue before and now all of a sudden it is. Why make it a problem now when it wasn't before?
1 x
Was Taiki/Fenton/Danny.

Contacts:
(Semi-active)Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/Taiki
(Active)Discord: rnrn#6572
(Inactive but always checking)Deviant-Art: https://www.deviantart.com/tovvn
-----------------------------------------------------------

[11:08am] Spellbound: is that naruto

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bye.
User avatar
Artemis
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 11917
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She / Her
Species: Vape God
Location: Pennsylvania

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm

Fenton wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm
Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:25 pm
GOOSE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 pm
in the interest of transparency, is there a reason this is being brought up again and rediscussed?
this is actually something that has come up in our recent round of admin applications! we have been discussing this in depth, though wanted to reach out to the community as, well you can see, that even we are torn on what to decide!
Not to be rude or anything but, isn't this kind of vague posting?? Because, this has never been an issue before and now all of a sudden it is. Why make it a problem now when it wasn't before?
I believe they just wanted to see the opinion of the community. there was a massive post regarding wolfhome and all the issues it has come to over the years. they are trying to get more community input due to that. I think
5 x
User avatar
Fenton
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 am
Gender: Male
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Danny
Species: rat

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Artemis wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm
Fenton wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm
Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:25 pm
GOOSE wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 pm
in the interest of transparency, is there a reason this is being brought up again and rediscussed?
this is actually something that has come up in our recent round of admin applications! we have been discussing this in depth, though wanted to reach out to the community as, well you can see, that even we are torn on what to decide!
Not to be rude or anything but, isn't this kind of vague posting?? Because, this has never been an issue before and now all of a sudden it is. Why make it a problem now when it wasn't before?
I believe they just wanted to see the opinion of the community. there was a massive post regarding wolfhome and all the issues it has come to over the years. they are trying to get more community input due to that. I think
Idk, I do see the point on that but ive never really seen a problem with it. It seems like its only after a certain person just because of one thing. Ive never seen any admin team discuss it before or even bring up the thought of discussing it, but then again that could be just me.
4 x
Was Taiki/Fenton/Danny.

Contacts:
(Semi-active)Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/Taiki
(Active)Discord: rnrn#6572
(Inactive but always checking)Deviant-Art: https://www.deviantart.com/tovvn
-----------------------------------------------------------

[11:08am] Spellbound: is that naruto

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bye.
User avatar
Ghrimelda
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 12647
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am
Gender: female
Preferred Name: ash

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm

@Laika- our initial questioning was more generalized. i am very proud of our current teams closeness and dynamic, active feedback and criticism is always done with genuine care and respect.
with that being said, we more so were wanting help deciding if that close relationship, on the team, was something that was going to be seen negatively or positively.

im sorry if it was vague seeming, i had not intended for it to be ): we'd like to get the community more involved with these type of decisions, not that we cant make them ourselves but at the end of the day.. we all are what make this site.


SORRY FOR THE EDIT!

to make it more clear, this was brought up because we are thinking of removing this rule because of recent applicants ! i hope i articulated that better !!
3 x
Exclusively on Louloudia
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☽ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
commissions - closed (in progress)coloring services - closed (on hold)
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 30923
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 am

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Laika- wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:48 pm
I appreciate this poll being created, thanks for being willing to listen to the community’s take on the matter! My question: If WH’s site specific administration coc doesn’t allow for favoritism or dogpiling anyway, why would it matter what kind of relationship someone has w/another user or team member? I feel if a staff member can’t be fully trusted not to show heavy favoritism or to share information that shouldn’t be shared, whether it’s toward a partner, family member… or otherwise, then perhaps they are not qualified to be an administrator to begin with and their position on the team should be reconsidered.
I completely agree with this statement, tbh
2 x
User avatar
Laika-
Relations Team
Relations Team
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 pm
Gender: Femme nonbinary
Pronouns: She/they
Preferred Name: Laika / Savannah
Species: Fossa / Lioness
Contact:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm
@Laika- our initial questioning was more generalized. i am very proud of our current teams closeness and dynamic, active feedback and criticism is always done with genuine care and respect.
with that being said, we more so were wanting help deciding if that close relationship, on the team, was something that was going to be seen negatively or positively.

im sorry if it was vague seeming, i had not intended for it to be ): we'd like to get the community more involved with these type of decisions, not that we cant make them ourselves but at the end of the day.. we all are what make this site.


SORRY FOR THE EDIT!

to make it more clear, this was brought up because we are thinking of removing this rule because of recent applicants ! i hope i articulated that better !!
(Oop, you tagged the wrong person, BTW lol :P)
1 x
User avatar
CrowFly
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 5530
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:46 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: Female
Species: Cougar

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:14 pm

I said yes, HOWEVER, I do think it needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis honestly.

Not every partner or family member can work fluently together, However, some make the best team possible and bring each other up which is a huge bonus to any crew. Obviously, the problem still stands that it is the ones that can't.

Me and my real-life partner work extremely fluently together, and even if we have relationship struggles work of any kind comes first. If a partner or sibling/family member applies to a position it should be looked into if they've had past problems. If they have maybe that needs to be addressed and decided if they could be a good fit and could look past their own personal problems to work together.

Having that quality though even just as "Two" People can be hard to though, If two people have a conflict with each other, it depends on if they can work together or not and manage without dragging each other down. I work with people all the time I don't really enjoy working with, but priorities haha.
4 x
Image
"Sweet dreams."
User avatar
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Posts: 18534
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 pm
Gender:
Preferred Name: hannah
Location: gotham

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:22 pm

I’m sorry if this comes off as rude or snarky; its a genuine question. If specifically in the application it states that Wolfhome has a NO nepotism policy, why is this issue coming up now that applications are open? I do think its kind of a little odd to discuss this policy now that applications are open. If someone with a partner/relative on the team has applied, shouldn’t their application just be rejected? It kind of seems like bending the rules almost to make it work for certain people. Either way lol I still vote yes :)
8 x
mr. stark? i don't feel so good...
hannessy #0244
User avatar
Ghrimelda
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 12647
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am
Gender: female
Preferred Name: ash

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:25 pm

we do! it is under the admin CoC

"Fraternization & Nepotism - An Administrator's S/O is not permitted to be a member of the team if their partner is already an Administrator. This rule is in place to prevent any favoritism or "ganging up" of team members in a relationship vs others. Should your significant other apply at a later date, their application would be disqualified. Should the Administration find out later that you and your partner both applied, were accepted, and have become full fledged administrators, we require that you deliberate among yourselves and one of you steps down."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=154166
3 x
Exclusively on Louloudia
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☽ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
commissions - closed (in progress)coloring services - closed (on hold)
User avatar
Fenton
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 am
Gender: Male
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Danny
Species: rat

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:25 pm
we do! it is under the admin CoC

"Fraternization & Nepotism - An Administrator's S/O is not permitted to be a member of the team if their partner is already an Administrator. This rule is in place to prevent any favoritism or "ganging up" of team members in a relationship vs others. Should your significant other apply at a later date, their application would be disqualified. Should the Administration find out later that you and your partner both applied, were accepted, and have become full fledged administrators, we require that you deliberate among yourselves and one of you steps down."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=154166
I've been on chatlands for Years and have never heard of an admin CoC. Ive also been an admin as well and literally was never shown the CoC. Yeah, I know there was an admin rulebook but this is kind of out of the blue?
2 x
Was Taiki/Fenton/Danny.

Contacts:
(Semi-active)Toyhou.se: https://toyhou.se/Taiki
(Active)Discord: rnrn#6572
(Inactive but always checking)Deviant-Art: https://www.deviantart.com/tovvn
-----------------------------------------------------------

[11:08am] Spellbound: is that naruto

-----------------------------------------------------------
Bye.
User avatar
Ghrimelda
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 12647
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am
Gender: female
Preferred Name: ash

Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Fenton wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm
I've been on chatlands for Years and have never heard of an admin CoC. Ive also been an admin as well and literally was never shown the CoC. Yeah, I know there was an admin rulebook but this is kind of out of the blue?
it was opened to the public recently regarding the transparency topic !
2 x
Exclusively on Louloudia
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☽ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
commissions - closed (in progress)coloring services - closed (on hold)
Locked Previous topicNext topic