Project Tranquility (Revising)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Lorien
Grandmaster - One of but a few.

It was requested that they speak up, so they explained why they had been absent and only reviewing what was being said. None of that was meant maliciously or to take away from this topic.

I appreciate you correcting me about your apology, as the information I included is what all I could find.

I want to personally apologize to both people who received those messages, as my intentions were not to come off as cold, not genuine, empty, or repetitive. I was stuck on making it personal, how personal, or to keep them formal as to reflect the site apologizing for wronging you guys and not me personally. I will take this feedback and write the next as if I was apologizing and not the site as a whole.

You’re right, it’s not hard and maybe we have been to nice and too lenient with activity and availability. I will make the necessary changes to those tonight once I am able.

edit- grammar errors because typing with one hand rip
writer ✺ candle maker ✺ wife&mother
Lorien

Laika- wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:49 pm
I also wanted to ask - who should I contact personally when it comes to concerns I have with a particular administrator? I'd like to handle it diplomatically if possible, but if everything I know is true then I will admit I am a bit concerned to see them hold the rank they have now (especially if none of this has been publicly addressed), and I would rather they not be the one who initially receives the message.
You should go to a trusted Alpha or you can post anonymously via our Admin Complaint Form !
writer ✺ candle maker ✺ wife&mother
Refresh
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Izak

Pride

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:50 pm
It was requested that they speak up, so they explained why they had been absent and only reviewing what was being said. None of that was meant maliciously or to take away from this topic.

I appreciate you correcting me about your apology, as the information I included is what all I could find.

I want to personally apologize to both people who received those messages, as my intentions were not to come off as cold, not genuine, empty, or repetitive. I was stuck on making it personal, how personal, or to keep them formal as to reflect the site apologizing for wronging you guys and not me personally. I will take this feedback and write the next as if I was apologizing and not the site as a whole.

You’re right, it’s not hard and maybe we have been to nice and too lenient with activity and availability. I will make the necessary to those changes tonight once I am able.
I understand that. It doesn't mean they cannot write a fleshed out response. A "hey, im busy / heres whats going on / etc etc, so i will give my thoughts later. here are some quick points ive thought of that will be fleshed out in a later response" would sound better than three admins repeating the exact same message.

Thank you for considering the feedback.
a guy. a dude. some fella. naruto enjoyer.

buy me a Ko-fi.
Loki
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jayden
Species: Coyote

Pride

hi!

I’m still reading everything and while I am not active in the public face due to my health, I am helping in the background where it’s less stress inducing for me. While it isn’t often I am trying!!

My testing is scheduled this week so I should get some answers and be more active soon, although I am not active VIA chat I am semi active behind the scenes.

I appreciate ALL concerns being brought forward, especially for implementing more schedule to our administration! I actively have been working with Underdog to try and implement a system that would show exactly HOW many hours an admin is on per week, per day, etc. so far this is not a thing yet and it would help a lot in alphas being able to manage the team.

I am going BACK to being no comment and only liking posts!! But I am here if I am to be called out.

"No one bad is ever truly bad, no one good is ever truly good."

Cider
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Ghrimelda wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:17 pm
I agree with a lot of the requests, as well as the rest of the team, and we would like to start working on all of these changes. This will take time though since we are talking about re-working yeeeearrss of stuff. We are in it for the long haul though, you and this site are worth it.
Thank you for taking the time to respond in such great detail about my concerns and suggestions. I really appreciate you taking these comments seriously.

I wanted to point out that by HR courses, I meant courses like you would find on LinkedIn Learning or similar platforms, not actual college classes. I had at one point even offered to share resources I have access to through my work since cost was brought up as a concern before, but that isn’t something I’m able to offer at this time.

On the note of the apologies, I recognize it’s hard to strike that balance and avoid being too sincere, too candid, or too formal. I don’t think there is a perfect answer to how to apologize, especially since many of the wrongs that happened are greater than just one person can speak for. I appreciate you being open to reworking how you approach them though and finding a better way forward.

To all of the admin who have spoken up since we questioned where your voices were, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I’m sorry for anyone who is dealing with personal problems, and hope that things get easier for you all. I don’t think there is anything wrong with one or two administrators speaking as a voice for the team overall, but just putting a note that something is from the whole team and not just an individual comment would help everyone else to see that it’s not just one or two of you actively participating.
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

If the team is amicable, I have some solutions that I think could be lined out.

I think admins in a full role (gamma and up) should require 8-10 hours of traceable service a month.
Many irl volunteer services often require at least one day/shift a month of service and I don’t think this should be any different. You can encourage that admins, when they begin active tasks, start a timer, and when they end, that amount is written down. At the end of the month, they tally their results and turn them in with documentation. It would be rather easy to see whether someone is being credible or not as chat logs and forum activity would reflect inaccuracies if need be. This also should not apply to any idle/non-administrative time on chat, even if they are "on duty", as being on duty and handling issues are not the same thing.

So let’s say for the purposes of this demonstration, I am an admin, I am a gamma with the forum mod role. My log would look like this:
1/1/2023 - handled chat issue with x user - 15 minutes - link to topic/credit
1/6/2023 - helped provide input and drafted new policy announcement to be reviewed and posted by an alpha - 2hrs - link/credit to topic
1/10/2023 - provided forum cleanup activities (moved, locked, archived topics) - 1hr - this data can be reflected by forum admin logs
1/14/2023 - handled a chat infraction with multiple involved users & bans - 20 minutes - link to topic

And so on

It hands off some of the time management to the admin in question (which will allow them to fit admin duties into their day-to-day) while giving actual documentation to the effort they are providing. Details can be hashed out in regards to what an acceptable amount of time is to spend on something and what is padding to give your monthly requirement more hours. Monthly checks ensure that everyone is on the right path and those that are falling short can be talked to. All admins would be required to give planned hiatus statuses at the start of the month (emergencies notwithstanding) and every admin would have, as a benefit, one mandatory "month" of administrative activities off, to help prevent overworking/stress.
Kiko
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/Her

Scrimshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 pm
If the team is amicable, I have some solutions that I think could be lined out.

I think admins in a full role (gamma and up) should require 8-10 hours of traceable service a month.
Many irl volunteer services often require at least one day/shift a month of service and I don’t think this should be any different. You can encourage that admins, when they begin active tasks, start a timer, and when they end, that amount is written down. At the end of the month, they tally their results and turn them in with documentation. It would be rather easy to see whether someone is being credible or not as chat logs and forum activity would reflect inaccuracies if need be. This also should not apply to any idle/non-administrative time on chat, even if they are "on duty", as being on duty and handling issues are not the same thing.

So let’s say for the purposes of this demonstration, I am an admin, I am a gamma with the forum mod role. My log would look like this:
1/1/2023 - handled chat issue with x user - 15 minutes - link to topic/credit
1/6/2023 - helped provide input and drafted new policy announcement to be reviewed and posted by an alpha - 2hrs - link/credit to topic
1/10/2023 - provided forum cleanup activities (moved, locked, archived topics) - 1hr - this data can be reflected by forum admin logs
1/14/2023 - handled a chat infraction with multiple involved users & bans - 20 minutes - link to topic

And so on

It hands off some of the time management to the admin in question (which will allow them to fit admin duties into their day-to-day) while giving actual documentation to the effort they are providing. Details can be hashed out in regards to what an acceptable amount of time is to spend on something and what is padding to give your monthly requirement more hours. Monthly checks ensure that everyone is on the right path and those that are falling short can be talked to. All admins would be required to give planned hiatus statuses at the start of the month (emergencies notwithstanding) and every admin would have, as a benefit, one mandatory "month" of administrative activities off, to help prevent overworking/stress.
hi! i’m really sorry i’m on a mobile currently, forgive me for any typos, but i just wanted to say thank you so much for this! I really love this structure and the outline for a example you put! I feel this would be really beneficial for the team moving forward to start!
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

I want to also make a reply in regards to my activity, although I have been behind the scenes & all for this project, I have a lot on my shoulders (at the moment, not long term) that has kept me quite busy. I am by no means intending to make it look as if I’m sitting on the sidelines either, as a lot of my opinions are voiced within the team with replies as well!

I have actively wanted to post and reply to a lot of the great feedback & opinions/suggestions given but I will have to wait, as I’d like to really have the time to sit down and really comb through them. I don’t want them to be glossed over and given a vague quick reply. I have 3 kids that I’m tending to (ages 6, 4, and my newborn) and trying to get back into a good routine since school started back up here for my oldest two after the holidays. My s/o is working 15+ hour days so everything around my household is on my shoulders & at night I try to give him some of my attention & energy that I have left after the day..

This project, along with concerns voiced - are extremely appreciated (even though I know others have also said the same), and are being reflected on and will continue to be and that’s a huge priority for all of the team at the moment, even if some of us aren’t able to reply as quickly and efficiently right now ): The activity thread is also getting updated as we speak.

Thank you in advance for everyone’s patience, and valid opinions/concerns, & I hope to be able to give more of myself and be another voice here once I’m better settled into this new year routine with my family.
Co-Owner & Alpha of Olympus
Come check it out & join our community Discord today!

checkout my ➛ art thread, commissions, & colouring services
view my ➛ links & important information
trello ➛ to-do list commissions
Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19
Cider
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Guardianess wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 pm
Alphas
Ilos - Available
Loki - Hiatus
Sylvah - Semi-Available

Betas
Bressa - Semi-Available
Herb - Hiatus
Rhea - Semi-Available
Tau - Semi-Available

Gammas
I’m just curious why you all decided to launch a project of this scale at this time..
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Cider wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:59 pm
Guardianess wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 pm
Alphas
Ilos - Available
Loki - Hiatus
Sylvah - Semi-Available

Betas
Bressa - Semi-Available
Herb - Hiatus
Rhea - Semi-Available
Tau - Semi-Available

Gammas
I’m just curious why you all decided to launch a project of this scale at this time..
I can definitely understand this POV. It wasn’t intended that a lot of us would not be 100% available when it was launched initially. I do know a few of us it was abrupt, and was sudden that just recently we had to put into perspective our individual activity because of IRL situations & whatnot. Although this doesn’t stop the project from being worked on and revised, it will just take some more time as members of the team are able to get back to being fully available.
Co-Owner & Alpha of Olympus
Come check it out & join our community Discord today!

checkout my ➛ art thread, commissions, & colouring services
view my ➛ links & important information
trello ➛ to-do list commissions
Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19
Λngel
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Continues to feel disingenuous but okay; just run the community in a member-forward capacity and stop constantly talking about change, just do it. Actions speak louder yadda yadda
Refresh
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Izak

Pride

So updates on this?
a guy. a dude. some fella. naruto enjoyer.

buy me a Ko-fi.
Herb
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Pride

Hi! I am back from my hiatus and I have been working on this in between baby care.
I am currently working on a structured time management plan idea WIP for this project and future projects (A log was suggested and I loved it!). I admit this was a definite stand-still for a little while after the feedback, but I am here and ready to get things rolling!
We have a topic already made where I took key points from every suggestion made and we are just working our way down that list and making sure everything gets covered. This project is being re-discussed as we go down the suggestions list, after I cover a ton of questions (regarding updates on things that already have an assigned person to it) with the team, we can begin working this project to reflect better on what is needed, what is wanted and to not show that this is mostly just a cosmetic overhaul.
I would like to completely re-write this topic, but that is me being extra. I think giving updates and just showing what we are doing is good, unless you all would genuinely appreciate seeing this topic rewritten! Baby sleeps a good schedule now, so I have time to put forth!

edit- We have a admin masterworks in progress, which shows what is being worked on by who, I am not sure if you all want to see who is working on what, but I can go back through trello and put in descriptions who is working on what and update that further as well.

Please keep in mind these are the things I am working on personally, I know that the revision of current and past warnings/bans are constantly being worked on by Sylvah when she is able as well which is something else that was on the list. I am just getting back into the swing of things and I love updates so I can check in to see where everyone is at because I know things have been rough for the lot of us and the pace is slower than what was anticipated.

I appreciate anymore suggestions as well, I enjoy having a little guidance to aid me and everyone else for what needs done.

edit #2 ; We are still working on getting together for a better posted update.
Locked Previous topicNext topic