Suggestions?

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Makoce
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Usually when I do my own artwork I do a really cruddy job at shading and such. When I tried to do a pose it got me really frusterated and I gave up. So basically this is one of my first attempts at doing a pose in... awhile. Give me some suggestions if I could make it better, and if it would even be decent enough to get accepted in an uploader. :/

0 x

Coyox
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:38 pm

I like it, it's very cute.

As for acceptance, Im not sure what rules they're laying down but my guess is that they are going to tell you to add a bit more shading with some highlights. I think that's your only problem, the size looks fine along with everything else.
0 x

Colossith
Omniscient
Omniscient

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Never use white as a background colour ;)

Always use a colour NOT in the pose as a background colour, blue would be best for this pose I think. The nose may turn transparent because it is white (or appears to be)
0 x

Makoce

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Yeah. I know to use background color. But I was just putting it on this topic so I got lazy. xD; And thanks Coyox
0 x

Galagya
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Coyox wrote:I like it, it's very cute.

It's a Sol freebie, she didn't draw it. :P

The shading, hm... Make more shadow layers/colors? Also, maybe do simple "sun shading" for now if you're just jumping back into shading. For example:

The red dot being the sun (excuse the choppiness of the shading o.o;...). It's a lot easier shading that way, and from what I've noticed, the AS likes the sort of shading. Sunshading was how it was intended on WolfHome in the first place. ^^

n yes, highlights. whee.
0 x
ollieollieoxenfree!

Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information