How to use PayPal tutorial??

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Echoplex
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Pronouns: She/He/They
Preferred Name: Maddie
Species: Goat/Canine Hybrid

Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 am

So I am thinking about opening up PayPal commissions but I have never used it before? Anything I should know about using PayPal?
0 x
June 24, 2014
Want to follow my fursuit making? Follow @vortugaofficial on IG
I am not around here much anymore.

Dragoncat
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 am

Well, paypal sorta dumbed things down but also made it a little bit confusing.. if that makes sense.

It used to be that you could pick between goods or services but now you pick both and specify if shipping is required..

You almost always want to send as "goods or services" and make sure you pick "no shipping required" in the shipping options.
When it comes to intangible goods like digital artwork, you need to make sure that you dont pick shipping or someone could dispute that they "never got what they bought" Px
0 x

Echoplex
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 am

This is good to know thank you!!
So if someone buys a commission from me do they like "request" to pay me and I finalize their order by clicking the non shippable good and what not? And I just give them my PayPal email and they just send money. Also what fees are they encorperated in goods and services?
Lmao I am clueless!
0 x
June 24, 2014

Dragoncat

Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

There are two ways to get money from people.

You can either give them your paypal address and they send you the money. The risk is that they could send it wrong and also dump the fees on you (they send you $5, but you only get $4.80). What most people do in that case, is add a bit more to their price to account for the fees involved, like adding in $1-2 to the final price.
I use this http://thefeecalculator.com/ to know what I should send people because most of the time I'm sending money off my debt card and paypal charges a bit for that. It is free to send from your paypal balance (the money you have sitting in your paypal account).

Or you send an invoice, which makes them pay for the fees. I do invoices on larger commissions because I can loose $5 per transaction when people send from a debt card ><

I would play around with the options in the "request money" section. I know you can also send a sort of "mini" invoice that isnt as elaborate as the actual invoice, but I havent tried it yet (:
0 x

Echoplex
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 am

Oooh thank you so much! This is a great help! And are there fees if you want to transfer paypal money into your bank account?
0 x
June 24, 2014

Dragoncat

Mon May 20, 2013 11:32 am

No, moving money from your bank account to your paypal is free, but it can take 3 days for it to show up.
Its free to send money from a paypal balance, it costs money if it has to pull from a debit card.
It costs money if the money is crossing borders, ie someone from the UK is paying you and you live in the US.

I also hope you are 18+ so you dont get in trouble for useing PP Px
0 x

Echoplex
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Dragoncat wrote:No, moving money from your bank account to your paypal is free, but it can take 3 days for it to show up.
Its free to send money from a paypal balance, it costs money if it has to pull from a debit card.
It costs money if the money is crossing borders, ie someone from the UK is paying you and you live in the US.

I also hope you are 18+ so you dont get in trouble for useing PP Px

Lmao yes I'm 18 XD And okay thank you for all your help! I can't wait to get started with itttt! Yay!
0 x
June 24, 2014

• Information