my anthros or well anthros in general

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Odiare
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:23 am

I get asked a lot about them. Or asked to make a tutorial for them but I suck at stuff like that. As well as it will be in my style. I fully believe everyone needs their own. So let me explain some stuff that might help you with drawing them. I know there's tutorials for anatomy n stuff.

I feel furry/anthro anatomy ones usually only show the artists style. But that's me. And I don't think that helps. Again this might not be what everyone thinks but I do. Please don't get defensive. I see so many people copy other artists and they become not unique and boring. Again my view.

Anyway. I use myself for my anatomy and real people. Yeah might have to see a naked person. I know whoa there, not a naked body. (sorry but I see the body as a beautiful thing. ) But that's why my anatomy is a little thicker. Let me tell you a little info about me that you probably don't care to know. I have very large hips/butt. I have no boobs so I tend to draw close to that, unless for my commissions I'm told or shown the anatomy is different.

I've taken so many pictures of my hands, feet, legs, arms, ect. Just so I can get the jist of anatomy. My have to tweak it for the person but I have it.

I love to draw real feet over digigrade feet. No I don't have a foot fetish. Feet scare me...

Anyway I know it isn't easy to get anatomy down but real references are better than anything else.

I'm also always willing to help anyone out. I know mine isn't OMG amazing but yeah always willing to help.

I hope this helps some.
0 x
SeiskoArtzu
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she/they
Species: Fox/Cat

Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:53 am

I am glad you made this lol it explains alot on how good you are XD Thanks for answering how you do it... I think I was one of the ones that asked for an anthro tut or how you do anthros lol this helps so much....

Naked bodies are the perfect thing for anatomy in my opinion haha I have done the picture thing where you take a photo of you or someone in a position you wanna draw and try to reference from that picture but it's still tough for me haha

Also, how do you draw real feet? I have only drawn digigrade and that still isn't perfect.... oh yeah BOOBS. I can't draw them thangs for my life.... nor get hips proportionally right ; n ;

also, I agree on the artists copying others art styles on anthros... I see that aloooooot :/
0 x
Seisko on Chat

New DA
Odiare

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Boob's and hips are a hard one.
Boob's aren't perfectly round. Everyones are different. There's a lot of tutorials for boob's but you might not get any that are sfw.

For hips I've noticed that they're aligned with your belly button on most people. At least where they start. Basically your body is in portions. Chest, stomach, hips, legal, ect. Also where your legs bend at the hip is right above the crotch area

I dunno if this helps or not but yeah
0 x
Odiare

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Boob's and hips are a hard one.
Boob's aren't perfectly round. Everyones are different. There's a lot of tutorials for boob's but you might not get any that are sfw.

For hips I've noticed that they're aligned with your belly button on most people. At least where they start. Basically your body is in portions. Chest, stomach, hips, legal, ect. Also where your legs bend at the hip is right above the crotch area

0 x
SeiskoArtzu
Pronouns: she/they
Species: Fox/Cat

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Merr wrote:Boob's and hips are a hard one.

:OOOOO

That was a perfect explanation!

Umm.... if you have time... I do have an anthro sketch that I don't know is proportionally correct ... if you could red line it for me later I'd appreciate it :D?
0 x
Seisko on Chat

New DA
Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:13 pm

this is very helpful, ty
0 x
U.N.I.T.Y
That's a Unity

Previously Fortune

FA
Odiare

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Spotted wrote:
Merr wrote:Boob's and hips are a hard one.

:OOOOO

That was a perfect explanation!

Umm.... if you have time... I do have an anthro sketch that I don't know is proportionally correct ... if you could red line it for me later I'd appreciate it :D?
Sure I have no problem with that at all
0 x
Odiare

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am

because I got pmed again
0 x
Daimhin
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 pm