Killing stray pixels in GIMP *

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Lyrak
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:34 pm

I figured I'd share now that I figured this out.

If you have stray pixels after you've made your pose transparent, simply select the transparent area around the pose, go to the SELECT menu, and click GROW SELECTION. Usually you only have to grow it by one pixel (do this BEFORE you resize or it'll totally eat half your outline). Then, just erase everything in the selection. Tada! No more stray pixels. :)

You can also use this theory to thicken your outlines when your resize eats them (like mine always do). Just select the transparent area again, invert the selection, grow by one pixel, add a layer beneath your pose and dye the whole selection on that lower layer black.

I'm so excited I learned how to fix all that!
0 x
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 am

I don't know if it is possible in Gimp, but to stop stray pixels happening I tend to clean a pose then select the transparent pixels around it and then invert my selection That way only the pose can be worked on. If it is possible in Gimp that should help alot.
0 x
Lyrak
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:03 pm

BulletGutz wrote:I don't know if it is possible in Gimp, but to stop stray pixels happening I tend to clean a pose then select the transparent pixels around it and then invert my selection That way only the pose can be worked on. If it is possible in Gimp that should help alot.
Yeah, that works if you color on the computer. Notsomuch if it's colored pre-scan. hehe
0 x
Hera

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Good looking out Lyark ty
0 x
Locked Previous topicNext topic