Outlining?

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
CrystalBullet
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Species: Corgi

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:47 pm

I know how to outline on a mouse but, I got a tablet and I make it all sketchy when I outline. How do you outline on a tablet? ._.
0 x
^Click for Characters^
Art. Sarahah
Crisis
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/they
Species: trashcan

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Since you're a beginner with tablets if you just got one, usually lineart is done zoomed in. So it's nice and precise, smooth too, zooming in would be your best shot here, I guess. This way if you make it sketchy, it would be hard to see.
Maybe 400-500%?

I'unno, this is just my suggestion haha x)
0 x
Dawn

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:03 pm

^ Yup. :) I usually just zoom in 500%, and do it slowly, and piece by piece so the lines look smooth.
0 x
CrystalBullet
Beta - Art Review Team
Beta - Art Review Team
Species: Corgi

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Alright, I'll try that! :]
0 x
^Click for Characters^
Art. Sarahah
Emakari
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 am

I know this is not for the topic but i drew a pic in real and i wanna outline and greyscale it, how do i put that picture on the computer?
0 x
"Sometimes the right person for you was there all along. You just didn't see it because the wrong one was blocking the sight."
Stonefur
Preferred Name: lys

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 am

micayla wrote:I know this is not for the topic but i drew a pic in real and i wanna outline and greyscale it, how do i put that picture on the computer?

Scan it.
0 x

lysandre on chatlands (cpi)
click the image to view my characters !!

Emakari
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Scan it? Yea okay but then how do i make the background transperent, like when i color a pose on gimp the background is like in those square thingies.... how do i do that?
0 x
"Sometimes the right person for you was there all along. You just didn't see it because the wrong one was blocking the sight."
Stonefur
Preferred Name: lys

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:15 pm

micayla wrote:Scan it? Yea okay but then how do i make the background transperent, like when i color a pose on gimp the background is like in those square thingies.... how do i do that?

Sorry to spam your topic ;__;

Um, if it has a white background, I can easily remove it for you.
0 x

lysandre on chatlands (cpi)
click the image to view my characters !!

Phantasma

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Emakari wrote:Scan it? Yea okay but then how do i make the background transperent, like when i color a pose on gimp the background is like in those square thingies.... how do i do that?

What you would do is after scanning or taking a picture of the drawing, you would go into a new layer on top of that picture, and trace over the sketch (nice, bold and sharp lines, suitable for shrinking.) That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting rid of any ridiculous amount of pixels trying to draw on the sketch itself. Once you have it outlined, you can make a NEW clean background layer under that new outline, and then go to the outline layer, Magic Wand Tool select it (the empty space around the outline,) then go Select>Grow. Set it to one, click OK, then click on the background layer, and press delete. This should give you a clean outline. :)
0 x
PhantaBumble Fundraiser

I no longer use the chats. If someone is named Phantasma on chats it is currently NOT ME.
| Art Topic | Mains | FA
Locked Previous topicNext topic