help with Adobe CS5

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
BlueFlameWolf
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Iv had CS5 for a little while now, an theres still one thing i cant figure out how to do >:/ and thats coloring poses WITHOUT having to use a wand tool

in my old adobe (7.0) all you had to do was make a new layer, and group it, and you could just start coloring without the coloring going outside the pose..which most people use wand tools for

this was a life saver for those poses that have soft pixel outlines (kesame poses for example) a wand tool was almost impossible for them....

Now that im using adobe cs5, iv been trying to figure out how to do the same thing to save time, i HATE having to use the wand tool, but grouping the layers doesnt do the same thing as the other adobe...and iv tried nearly all the other tools i could think of...i know theres a way to do it though, i did it once by mistake an have been unable to do it again...
0 x
isaradia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

hope you find what you're looking for soon! 3:

but now i know how to color in 7.0 dances
0 x
Xina
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

Never used CS5, but what you can do is duplicate the layer of the pose, lock the top layer, and color over it then set ti to multiply.
0 x
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
BlueFlameWolf
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Xina wrote:Never used CS5, but what you can do is duplicate the layer of the pose, lock the top layer, and color over it then set ti to multiply.

thanks lol that seems to of worked :3 i'l have to play around with it some more
0 x
Xina
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Welcome.
0 x
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Crisis
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/they
Species: trashcan

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:17 am

I think most Photoshops are like each other in a way? That's so weird that it wont let you group D:
Has CTRL + G worked when you tried? Because on my Photoshop it doesn't give you the option to group either, but when you hit ctrl and g at the same time on that layer it automatically groups it.
0 x
Locked Previous topicNext topic