SAI Help?

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
gip
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm

I think this is in the right spot. If it isn't, feel free to move it. Thanks! =]

Since paint.net isn't the best program to color poses, I asked around for recommendations on free programs to use. I decided to use SAI. Now, I am technologically challenged ;_;..so I am still trying to figure it out. So help a lost girl?
To start, I went to the WolfHome Resource section and found the one SAI tutorial out there (that I could find) by Eluned.
http://forum.wolfhome.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57499&start=0
It was very helpful, and got me started well. However, there are some things I have some questions aboutttt~

1. Eluned said that she liked SAI because it saved with a transparent background. I saved it as a PNG and waited for the popup she said would come
this one: (taken from her tutorial image)
Spoiler! :

But it never popped up. I opened it in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, just to look at it, and there was still a white background. =[ How do I fix this?

2. When I use the brush tool, it gets darker every time I paint over that same spot again. I solved this by using the marker tool instead, but I was wondering if I should use the brush tool for something, and if so, how would I make so it doesn't do that anymore?

3. When I was coloring, I became a little puzzled, because the nose would NOT color fully black, just ended up a dark red. The nose was the only thing I needed to color black, so I didn't have any other way to test it.
0 x
~gip/Aralia
||Tumblr||
Crisis
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/they
Species: trashcan

Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:04 pm

1.) You don't have the full version, that's why. In order to make it transparent you need to save it as a .PSD first - open it up on Photoshop, it will be transparent then. Then you can save it as a .PNG there. But unless you don't have Photoshop, you can't do this. :[

2.) Check the brush's mode, or setting. It is most likely you have the setting on multiply. c: If not, let me know, I'll try helping from there!

3.) I'm not entirely sure about this...are you sure it's not the colors on your computer? Check if there is a layer above what you were coloring on, making sure any red is not overlaying it in any way. (unless I am reading what you mean wrong haha, take a screenshot maybe if you can't resolve the problem, and I'll see what I can do also <3)
0 x
gip

Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Crisis wrote:1.) You don't have the full version, that's why. In order to make it transparent you need to save it as a .PSD first - open it up on Photoshop, it will be transparent then. Then you can save it as a .PNG there. But unless you don't have Photoshop, you can't do this. :[

2.) Check the brush's mode, or setting. It is most likely you have the setting on multiply. c: If not, let me know, I'll try helping from there!

3.) I'm not entirely sure about this...are you sure it's not the colors on your computer? Check if there is a layer above what you were coloring on, making sure any red is not overlaying it in any way. (unless I am reading what you mean wrong haha, take a screenshot maybe if you can't resolve the problem, and I'll see what I can do also <3)

ooooooh....I see now. Thanks Icee <333
#1...fffff >.<
about #2...should it NOT be on multiply? O.o what should it be on?
#3...I dunno. Maybe it was just a flukeee

NEW QUESTION:
I used the select tool and then the lasso tool to move some things around. When I was done, I used the deselect tool and deselected all of it. But now it won't let me do anything else after that. I can't go back to drawing, and I can't erase. How should I properly do this?
0 x
~gip/Aralia
||Tumblr||
goth
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Yuu

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:33 pm

To your new question, just select the lasso tool and click ONCE anywhere ;o
I've had this problem until erika helped me with that too LOL.
0 x
catch a feelin, catch a feelin now
I still feel your skin all over me
Crisis
Pronouns: she/they
Species: trashcan

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

^ Yes. LOL<3

Also to #2 again, change the setting to normal for that brush, unless of course you want the effect it's giving you.
0 x
Locked Previous topicNext topic