The WH Uploader (How it works!)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Koinu
Species: "Me-uri"/Fox

Pride

For those of you who do not know how to upload a pose, or you know someone who doesn't know how to upload a pose, this is a step-by-step easy to follow guide.

1. Type in a new browser (IE/FF/Safari/etc.) or in the Wolfhome chat box, www.wolfhome.com/admin

2. It should bring up a page that looks like this:
Type in your name and password and click Submit.

3. After you hit submit, it should bring up your personal pose list. What you'll want to do, is you will want to scroll down to the part of the uploader page, that looks like this:
You will need to take the pose you want uploaded, make sure that one is facing left, and one is facing right.

4. Click the "Browse" button under the image that has (left facing) written beside it. After you click "Browse", a box should come up with all of your saved images. Find your poses and select the Left Facing pose. Click/Double Click on it, and there should be a link that appears in the (Left Facing) text box.
For some reason, if you happen to click browse and it brings up the box, however you aren't seeing your saved images, chances are you're in the wrong spot to be. In the screenshot below, you'll notice that it says "My Pictures" at the top, and it is a dropdown menu. That's where you'll need to be. If you're on a different area, notice that there is a "My Documents" button you can click in the box that is brought up, when you click on that, click on "My Pictures"!

5. After you've finished with your left facing pose, you'll need to do the same thing with the right facing pose. Click the "Browse" button under the image that has (right facing), find your pose, and click the right facing pose, and another link will appear in the text box, except the right instead of the left.

6. After you have completed the previous steps, you will need to select a name for the pose you are uploading. Notice is says, "Enter a unique name for this pose:" meaning, enter a pose name that you don't already have uploaded. If you have a pose uploaded called, "Standing" and you enter in the pose name as "Standing", it will replace the pose that is already uploaded. So be sure to name it something that isn't already being used in your existing pose list!

7. Once you have named your pose, take a look at the drop down list. You will want to select the appropriate section for the pose you have uploaded.
Example, if you have uploaded a wolf, you will want to select the default choice, "wolf, fox, coyote (wild canid i.e. wolfhome default)". If you are uploading another species, take a look at the choices, and select the appropriate one. If you do not place it in the right spot, the Art Staff will do it for you. Only canine poses are allowed in public rooms, so if you upload a cat species, it will only be allowed in private rooms if the room owner allows it.

8. Finally, you'll notice a box that states next to "Step 3", "Do you really have permission to upload this pose?" What you'll need to do here, is you will need to type in the text box, and tell the Art Staff where you got the pose. List whether it is a freebie, and if possible the artist who created it. If you have a link to where you found the freebie, put that in there as well. This will help the Art Staff check your poses quicker!

9. After you have completed the above, you are ready to upload your pose! What you'll want to do is click, "Go get them..." by Step 4. It will bring up a box that states, "Are you SURE you have permission to use this pose?" You'll want to select "OK". Keep in mind that Art Theft is not tolerated. If you have uploaded a stolen pose, it is a bannable offense, so please be careful!

10. Congradulations! You have uploaded your very own pose!
Now just sit back and relax, and let the Art Staff get to it. Do not ask them about your pose that is uploaded, as that is considered harassment. Your pose will be accepted within a reasonable amount of time. You can check on your pose in the uploader, or when your pose has been accepted, when you log in you'll have a message stating, "_______ pose has been accepted!" If it has been rejected, you'll see it in your pose uploader.
☆ Previously known as Siren ☆
Characters
Renthal
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Definitely helpful and props to doing it. Only thing that may confuse is the Browse part as for if you hit Browse the screen usually will surface at the place you last Browsed before and a user may have to search their computer for the pose. I always have a hard time explaining this to someone and seems to confuse a lot of people. Almost a tutorial on its own. :P
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

This is very helpful, and a good resource! This should go in the resources forum x3

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Vladimir
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

I like how you did this, Siren! It's easy to understand and the visuals are a nice added touch. Thanks for doing this, hopefully it'll help a lot of people out!
Sa'an'ishar!
I am the Coffee Thief.

Avatar Image © Sitara, Signature Image © Sitara, neither are free.
Click the icon above to view Vladimir's reference, © Khaosdog, not free.
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Pride

ShortCircuit wrote:Definitely helpful and props to doing it. Only thing that may confuse is the Browse part as for if you hit Browse the screen usually will surface at the place you last Browsed before and a user may have to search their computer for the pose. I always have a hard time explaining this to someone and seems to confuse a lot of people. Almost a tutorial on its own. :P

Better?
Step 4. :)
Characters
Renthal
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Siren wrote:
ShortCircuit wrote:Definitely helpful and props to doing it. Only thing that may confuse is the Browse part as for if you hit Browse the screen usually will surface at the place you last Browsed before and a user may have to search their computer for the pose. I always have a hard time explaining this to someone and seems to confuse a lot of people. Almost a tutorial on its own. :P

Better?
Step 4. :)

:P Dang you're good. Perfect. ^^
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

If it's okay, I will turn this into a FAQ page and add it to the site. Is that alright?

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Pride

Of course, it was made to help these folks. :)
Characters
dvin97

Very helpful and interesting! Thank you for posting this. C:
Euskadi
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice

Ja, very helpful. I think the ads should makes something similar to this on the veryplace where you upload poses
Love is a lease, you can never have it permanently
Freedom is not a priveladge, it's a right
Los mas grandes e inteligentes son los mas locos y atrevidos
Locked Previous topicNext topic