Turning Off Animated Poses

This section is filled to the brim with helpful resources for Wolfhome, including FAQ's, Tutorial's & Guidelines.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Guardian
The Last Skyrbender

Hello everyone! I have been testing (and having others help me test) the extension Animation Policy and it seems to work for Google Chrome. This was tested it on Opera and it didn't seem to work well, so I'll be looking for that browser soon. You can try the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ee/related

As for Firefox, I found the following statement on Howtogeek:
Mozilla Firefox
Firefox offers a built-in way to stop animated GIFs from playing, or to force them to only play once.

To change this setting, type about:config into Firefox’s address bar and press Enter. You’ll see a warning telling you to be careful here, as you could change settings you shouldn’t. Be careful on this screen and don’t change any settings unless you know what you’re doing. Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” to agree you’ve understood the warning.

Type image.animation into the search box on the about:config page. You’ll see a setting named image.animation_mode , which is set to normal by default. The “normal” behavior is to play every animated image on repeat over and over again.

Double-click the setting and set it to none to stop animated GIFs from playing. You could also set it to once if you want each animated GIF to play only once instead of repeating over and over. You don’t have to restart Firefox after making this change.
Chrome:
Can use extension Animation Policy
Opera:
Block GIF images in Opera:

1. Press F12 Key located on top of the keyboard.
2. Uncheck the option : “Enable GIF/SVG animation” .
3. And you are done!
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog
Pronouns: she/her

Really appreciate this! Will we see them as boxes?
no longer active. please contact me on discord @cicadajo for any art-related enquiries
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Alpen wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:46 pm
Really appreciate this! Will we see them as boxes?
Nope! Just static images. Likely one of the frames, just paused :3
☆ A final farewell ☆
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic