drawing software for mac?

Your one-stop spot for art resources. These are related resources vary from general art tutorials to Wolfhome-related art tutorials (such as how to make a pose).
Dragoncat
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Finally got a tablet after my intuos died 2-3 years ago but realize SAI wont work on mac without annoying work arounds..

Any good programs? I did like Krita.. i did use procreate & mediabang on the ipad..
0 x
Flore
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: They/Them

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:59 pm

It's not everyones favourite go to, but Photoshop does run amazing on Mac versus PC. If you're willing to pay the subscription, the "photography" plan is my best advice, it's more affordable compared to their "one product" license for no reason, plus you get lightroom if you ever need to edit a picture, so it's not too bad of a deal. There's also Clip Paint Studio, which people love, but I personally was never able to get into it.
1 x

🌿🌿🌿
Dragoncat

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Hmm. I did do PS Elements for PC. It wouldnt hurt to try it for mac..
0 x
Flore
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: They/Them

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:54 pm

The most recent PS is a lot more refined than Elements is too! A trial definitely doesn't hurt!

(Also all Kyle brushes are free for download with PS now, and those are just...so good!)
0 x

🌿🌿🌿
Astrology
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Anything!

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:18 am

I 100% recommend Medibang.

Medibang for a digital phone/tablet is not free, but the pc version is free and has many great qualities to it. I started off with FireAlpaca because i'm cheap (lol) and didn't want to pay monthly for PS. I looked around for different kinds of programs and the free ones aren't too bad, when I found FireAlpaca it was still a baby and didn't have much to it. Then its sister program came out, medibang, and I have stuck with it ever since. The one thing I get annoyed by is the 'lack' of brushes (there really isnt- you can get brushes off of a cloud program and theres many different ones, sai just has better brushes), but other than that the program is golden. It takes a bit getting used to but was similar to FA so I didn't have much of a problem getting used to it. Another mac program is Krita, I haven't played around with it enough ngl but there is many more brushes on there that are easily accessible. Hope this helps!
0 x
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Something that might be worth looking into would be a crossover windows program! I use it on my Mac, I don’t remember which one but if you’re interested I can check it out for ya.
It allows me to use Sai and everything else, just as a regular windows computer would. It isn’t powerful enough to run big games, but it works for smaller games and drawing programs n all that jazz
0 x
ronan
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:24 pm

i use clip studio paint for my mac! it's also 50% off until december 3rd
1 x
previously known as saliva
characterstoscommissions
strange

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:18 pm

ronan wrote:
clip studio is the way to go honestly.
$25 until december 3rd
comes with its own web/store in the program that you can download a shit ton of brushes / resources
3d models for referencing
textures, text, perspective rulers, etc.

its like if photoshop and sai had a love child.

it has a bit of a learning curve but ive never used another program after i swapped from sai to clip.
1 x
Oh, can you keep a secret?
Kinda wanna taste it
Give me artificial paradise
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:32 pm

strange wrote:
ronan wrote:
$25 until december 3rd
comes with its own web/store in the program that you can download a shit ton of brushes / resources

it has a bit of a learning curve but ive never used another program after i swapped from sai to clip.
This sounds intriguing... I literally use photoshop and Sai and that’s it haha I might try this out.
0 x
kos
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Jo

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:51 am

strange wrote:
ronan wrote:
$25 until december 3rd

This! CSP is amazing. I was hesitant at first but after spending a lot of time on it it's become one of my favorite programs to use. Very capable of helping you do your work and also provides you with resources to do them! Definitely worth it imo! :)
1 x
retired. previously aerith.
dA | commissions | premades | characters
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic