Private room- can't see myself

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Nukeshi
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Nukeshi
Species: Disgusting

Wed May 27, 2020 10:33 am

Can't see myself or my chat messages when I enter my private room. Any fix for this?
0 x
Bodach
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Beth

Pride

Wed May 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi! I tried to talk to you on chat but you seemed AFK so I'm going to post what I said here just in case you miss it!

[2:11pm] Bodach: Hi!
[2:12pm] Bodach: I reset the movement map on your private room for you. That SHOULD fix the issue you had. I didn't want to enter your room without your permission to check, though.
[2:13pm] Bodach: You can edit the movement mapping yourself if you want to change where people can and cannot sit in your room

Let me know if you have any more issues!

ETA:
To change the mapping of the room yourself, go to the room editor and on the right there's a small red header that says Special Room Commands:
Under that you'll click on:
Edit the player size and movement map
Then you click on the room to create areas that users can move to/sit in. Those areas will become shaded in red. (It's a little tricky but the best way to learn it is to play with it)

After that, you can change the pose sizing based on "distance" if you want by clicking on the arrows on the standing wolf avatar and adjusting distance-related pose size to your liking.

Click continue and BAM! Customised room mapping done.
0 x
Nukeshi
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Nukeshi
Species: Disgusting

Wed May 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Works now! Forgot I messed around with the movement mapping... lol.
0 x
Bodach
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Beth

Pride

Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm

You're welcome!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic