Problem Solving Strategies on Wolfhome...
I want to take a minute to explain how I expect members of Wolfhome to approach problems with another user, whether that other user is a Subordinate, Gamma, Beta or Alpha...
I want to try and keep the public forums clear of the acrimony that plagued the previous two incarnations of Wolfhome.
I want to make these suggestions:
1. When you have a problem with some other user, first you need to send a message to that person explaining yourself. Avoid sarcasm or other things that would add more "heat than light". State your case plainly and politely. If someone has done you an injustice, make it clear why you feel that way, but do not make things more complicated by attacking back. Resist the temptation to "tell them off". Try to resolve the problem in a private message.
2. If you are unable to resolve the problem by working directly with the other person, you should escalate it to someone of higher rank. So, for example, if you are a Subordinate and you are having problems with another Subordinate, send a private message a Gamma about it, or speak with them privately.
3. If escalating to the next level doesn't work, continue to escalate. There's no reason why you have to go through each level, but try to if you can. If all else fails, please do not hesitate to contact me directly about problems with an administrator. Be aware that I want to think highly of my team, but that doesn't mean that they are infallible.
4. The main goal is to try to try to resolve problems without turning it into a public argument. For what it's worth, any time that I see a PUBLIC discussion of some problem that should have been handled in PRIVATE, I tend to be strongly biased against the public debate. So, it serves your purpose to avoid airing "dirty laundry" in public.
5. If all else fails, and you have moved up the ladder and STILL don't have a fair resolution, then by all means you are free to take it public. You could have done it all along, of course. But keep in mind that I am not going to cave in to mob rule. I am the alpha at Wolfhome. What I say is final. I want to keep people happy, but I am going to do what I feel is right, regardless of any public vote.
I believe that one of the root causes of the collapse of the previous two incarnations of Wolfhome had to do with arguments on public forums. I do not want to eliminate those, but I want them to be a last resort. Thanks for helping me reach that goal.
This section is filled to the brim with helpful resources for Wolfhome, including the Rules of the Wolfhome Forums. This is the first place you should visit on our board!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests