A New Team!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Azriel
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Azriel

Pride

This Team is NO LONGER accepting Applications. We're terribly sorry. We'll let you know when more applications open up. =) Congrats to Our Accepted Applicants!

Hello Fellow Community of Wolfhome Members! We have seen so many of you work hard to make Wolfhome a greater place. We have come together in so many good and bad times. How would you like to become more involved? Well, Join our -

EVENT COMMITTEE TEAM!!!

We are opening a committee for users to become more involved with the community. This will be for users who wish to help out more and be part of something bigger! This is not an administrator position. This is purely for our wonderful users to be able to corrospond ideas and make Wolfhome more of a home.

That's right, we are opening applications to admit users to become part of the Event Committee Team! To become part of this team, you just need to fill out an application. Here is a list of possible questions that I'm sure you are wondering about this team. =)

What is the Event Committee?
-This is a team of regular users, that will be given the honor to set forth Wolfhome events amongst the Wolfhome chat and forums. They will create ideas as a team to bring Wolfhome even more to life! They will work first hand with the Administrators of Wolfhome and sprout their own contests, Holiday events, Members of the Month, and so much more, let your imagination take flight. =) The possibilities are endless.

How Many Users Will Get Accepted?
-It's a secret. =). We will base our members on how many applications we receive.

How old do you have to be to apply?
-We encourage you to be at least 13 years of age or more.

Is this an Administrator Rank?
-Certainly not! This will be a user base that will be representatives to bring forth ideas and suggestions for the Admins to and carry forth. =)

What does an Event Committee Member do?
-The Event Committee arranges events for community participation, including but not limited to - WH Awards, Member of the Month, Holiday Events, Competitions and so much more.

Where can I apply?
-You may simply fill out this application of the following questions and Send it to The Guardian. You can send it to me if you like, but prefer to send it to The Guardian on the Forums.
Simply respond to the questions as honestly as possible and as completely as you can.
Application

-Username:

-Age?:

-How Long Have You Been On Wolfhome?:

-Why would you like to be an Event Committee Member?:

-What makes you qualified to be part of this Event team?:

-Do you have any previous experience in this role? E.g. school clubs, previous site experiences etc." (Experience is not required but is a bonus):

-What skills do you have that you feel you could bring to the team e.g. knowledge of photoshop, able to write prose, good at brainstorming ideas etc.:

-Are you willing to be part of a team and work with several users?

-If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

-Would you be willing to Abide by a Code of Conduct?

-What would being part of this team mean to you?

-Is there Any Comments/Ideas/Thoughts/Jokes/Personal Quips You May have to Add To Help Review Your Application (Example - Any ideas you have for this team):

We wish everyone a good luck to all applying. I regret, however, to disclose we cannot accept everyone to this team. However, do not be discouraged if you do not get picked to be part of the committee. Everyone is truly valued and appreciated, and we most definitely see your hard work. Thank you everyone, and good luck!

APPLICATION DEADLINE - Please turn in all your applications by APRIL 1st! Any applications past this point might not be considered. =C

-A special thanks to Fleur for this wonderful idea, Sylvannas for the lovely art, and the Admin Team for pitching in to make this a big success!
Image 2010-2016 and 2021-present
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

Super excited about this!! Lol, I've been awaiting the announcement. :]

This will be a blast I hope we can really make WH a better place with this.
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

Doctre wrote:Super excited about this!! Lol, I've been awaiting the announcement. :]

This will be a blast I hope we can really make WH a better place with this.
:D

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
Kat
Omniscient
Omniscient

This is a great idea. ;)
1-13-13
characters art
life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone
billy cox

fignewt
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Fantastic Idea! :o
Leski
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

I like this idea.. I succesfully planned and carried out 3 Pose Events, it would be great to have a team just for Events like this, ran by the Users; Maybe a Head of it? Who has a rank? *Shrug.* n_n
Mister
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: They/Them

Pride

If anyone finds it unlikely that they would want to be a part of a group like this just because there isn't enough enticement, then it's probably just not the group for them! It's not like you will have to be a part of this group to host an event, contest, etc, etc. It is just a way to keep things organized and to make it easier for the people who already like to start these things to have a ready list of like-minded people and more chance of getting their ideas noticed.

And we know these people exist, because there have already been users who have bent over backwards trying to come up with community ideas, pose trades, "awards" ceremonies, etc, that are not admins for whatever reason but still want to bring a little extra "community" to Wolfhome. That do it because it's fun already, not for the "perks". This will give those established people a chance to have an organized place to work on new ideas for as long as they want, and it will give some others who maybe don't have the confidence or backing already to step up and have fun as well.

And yes, I'm sure that the entire community will still -through participation and feedback, especially- have a major say in which ideas are successful or not.
I have been running with foxes and running with crows and I have found myself a home where no one goes.
Azriel
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Azriel

Pride

Mister said it pretty well here.

If this isn't the group for you, then don't join. It's for the users that Do bend over backwards to get that little bit of extra help in a group.

Admins will be able to pitch in, but it's really for the users to place their thoughts and ideas. There will probably be an admin or two, including myself to help them along the ways with bringing their ideas out to the community. Like I said though, it will really be for the users. =)
Image 2010-2016 and 2021-present
Dawn

Love this idea! :bighappywolf:
Mohegan

The "point" of this group is to provide a more organized platform for people to create events and the like. The Event Team will have some tools at their disposal that will be more helpful then just regular old forums. So there definitely is a difference, or we wouldn't have created it.
There isn't any "incentive", like you said; this team is simply for those who would like to be more involved in helping organize events on the Wolfhome forums. Since it isn't a new rank, there really is no need to add perks.

I understand where you're coming from West, and no one is shunning you for your rightful opinions. I hope that kind of clears up what you're wondering about this team. And of course, we welcome and are grateful for any help we get when it comes to community happenings on Wolfhome, whether you're part of this specific team or not :)
Scoria
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: any
Species: jaguar

User of the Month was once handled by Kasa and went on for quite a while; it wasn't stable since she became too preoccupied with other works and had no other person or team to rely on. It isn't really Kasa's fault as a user of the month is somewhat demanding, and consistent - and after she was through with it no one else picked up the position. Though we could personally organize something like this, it can be just as unstable - it only determines on the team and the people willing to work for a common goal. I think its interesting because it does seem to be an opportunity to help WH get on a better course, even if its rough at first.

Though, I don't think not being paid is still kind of unfair. I know administration is a "volunteer" job, but you guys don't seem to worry as much about deltas as us regular users do. I can totally see where West is going, I think this is a pretty shaky step forward and might be made too soon?
Misaki
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: They/Them

Pride

oh WOW :D
this is awesome'ness!!
I think im gonna enter :DD
(lmfao love the super power question)

Send to the Guardian here, right? .__."
stupid question, its late at night xD
Don't get too comfortable.
I always come back. . . .
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

this is definitely going to be a learning process for both users and admins alike. we're trying to merge ideas and bring forth new ones. all opinions and constructive criticism are both welcome and encouraged, because everything will be taken into account
Ari

This seems fun. But seeing I'm 12, I can't help.
Every Christmas/Halloween I host an event, does that mean that someone has to take that job away from me?
I think I do it pretty darn good, and everyone always has fun.
But anyways, goodluck guys! Can't wait to see what comes out of this.
always somewhere anywhere
Lime
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

hhhmmm I don't get it??
Lime l Esperanza l Teagan
ImageImageImage
"If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile =)"
Lime on chat! =3
Locked Previous topicNext topic