Server move - closing in on it

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

The server move has been more work than I'd hoped, but it's been manageable... We are in the part of the project I call "closing in on it"... Wolfhome was generally operational by around noon today (okay okay 1:30 pm) - and we have had bug reports throughout the day since then that have, I believe, been mostly resolved. During the day there were several sites that didn't have operational admin pages, pose reviewers, trouble ticket handling, site maintenance pages, and I am sure there'll be some more bumps still, but we're getting there. I am told "getting there is half the fun" so .... you're welcome?? B)

Seriously, I am sorry for this extended downtime and I truly appreciate how consistently supportive y'all have been! Thank you. I started this site move at noon on the 14th ate lunch, ate dinner, and finally went to bed at 2 on the 15th, then woke up at about 8:30 and was working on this again by 9 am - ate breakfast (Robin fixed me Korean French Toast - yum!) - ate dinner - and I stopped at around 7 tonight - so it's been quite a slog.

But we're almost there. The biggest hurdle that I am aware of is that PayPal payments are being accepted but the instant payment notification step is failing. I have a notice on the payment page warning that the deltas may take a lot longer to arrive in your Chatlands account until I get that resolved. Otherwise if you want to report a problem or you want to hear about the latest progress, please direct your conversation to the CL 2020 Discord. If you're just interested in the summary, I'll post more updates here tomorrow.

If you need discord Invites:

CL 2020 discord invitation
Wolfhome discord invitation

Again, thank you for your amazing patience and encouragement and I hope to see you online sometime.

===underdog===

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Chatlands Site Move Tuesday Night Updates!

We're almost done with this site move there are a few remaining bugs but we are dangerously close.

Thank you all, again, for your continued patience and warm support. You all are too kind.

So here's what's been going since the previous post:

I have been working on this pretty much non-stop since Sunday and I think the pieces are finally starting to fit back together. The new server code is in much better shape today, and most if not all of the MySQL 8 and PHP 7 related bugs have now been fixed.

If you have a subscription, you will want to know that I haven't enabled the delta billing yet. That means that on both Sunday and Monday, subscription deltas charges were not subtracted from your balance. In other words, those were both free days. I am certainly going to enable the billing process soon. Possibly later today but probably I'll run the first code manually tomorrow morning. I haven't enabled billing yet for a couple of reasons. One was that I thought it wasn't fair to bill people for a site that was either offline for quite a while or flaky when it finally came back online. The other reason is that I wanted to keep an eye on that program when it does run, just in case there are any problems.

Another important and/or annoying set of bugs that I fixed today was with the admin pose reviewer pages. Those bugs have caused a fairly significant backlog on getting your poses to you, and I am sorry for the delay. I believe it's fully operational now and I have had no further bug reports, so the poses should start getting processed again soon. Thanks for your patience on this. Please note that any grief needs to be directed to me, not to the hard working administrators. It's not their fault, and they have been waiting patiently for me to fix things so that they can get back in there and start pushing these through!

Let's see ... other bugs fixed today... I spent some time yesterday on the phone with PayPal and working today on the delta purchases code. These are now going through again without any problems. If you do happen to experience any PayPal problems, or you aren't seeing your purchase credited quickly on your account, or you just have some questions, please email me (underdog@chatlands.com) or get ahold of me on the discord and we'll get it sorted out right away.

Sign ups and trouble tickets were also fixed today, so if you were trying to sign up or use the trouble ticket system, give it another try. There were some other bugs I fixed along the way as they were reported.

One recent bug report that I have yet to fix is the 'sniff' or 'profile' page. There's an HTML parser tied to that which doesn't seem to be working well with PHP 7 so I am looking for a replacement. If you other bugs, please get over to the discord (links are above) and let me know!

Thanks!

===underdog===

Avani
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Thank you so much for your hard work and total dedication with this!! Be sure to take a breather here and there, and drink some water :)

I am so thankful for everyone’s patience during this time <3

PS: Everyone drink some water, keep yourselves hydrated :D
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

Sunday 11/21/2021 update!

This is just a quick update to say that the site move is now officially "complete" for all of Chatlands sites. At this point I think there are no remaining (ahem site move related) bugs. So please let me know if you are experiencing anything, preferably on either the CL 2020 discord or send me a DM on discord or an email (underdog@chatlands.com) if you prefer!. Thanks again for being a part of Chatlands and for your amazing patience during the move.

===underdog===

Locked Previous topicNext topic